Search results

1. emberwolf

Worklog GameCube portable in Year of our lord 2023

Yep. They're all in stock. I looked at stock levels as I was building the board to make sure I could actually do it and selected parts i could actually get.
  2. emberwolf

Working on some custom PCB's to make life easier. First up is a new regulator board based on the RVL PMS by Gman. This has been reworked with a different regulator for the 1.9Volt line as well as removal of the outgoing SCL/SDA pins since they won't be needed. If anyone wants to take a look...
  3. emberwolf

I'm using the typical zenloc custom regulators. I did solve it. I added more grounds between the regulators and the motherboard which cleared the signal up. I'll also throw some larger caps to help smooth out current when I get back to my stash of them. Work continues.
  4. emberwolf

Welp first snag I've run into. I can't seem to get a clear video signal. I've got a shielded cable running to the screen, but no matter what I try, I keep getting bad output.
  5. emberwolf

Question DVD drive extension cables?

Ok. Update. The pitch for the white cable is 1mm 12 pin and the yellow cable is 0.5mm 20 pin. I'll be ordering some extensions. I'm only doing a couple inches so I shouldn't have to worry about signal issues especially on the laser.
  6. emberwolf

I have one. Not sure how that helps in this instance. I don't want to chance melting the cables.
  7. emberwolf

Thanks. I'll have to replace the battery in my calipers but I'll get to measuring tomorrow and report back just in case anyone in future has the same dumb idea. I'm sure when I update my work log, I'll give Shank a bit of a headache
  8. emberwolf

There are two ribbon cables on the DVD drive. The white one is a 12 pin (sorry not 10) with a wider pitch that I think is 0.5 and the amber one is a 20 pin with a finer pitch that I can't get a definitive answer on to figure out what extension for it.
  9. emberwolf

Hello. I'm working on designing my case for my GCp project. I'd like to slightly relocate the disc drive but I'll have to extend the ribbon cables. I recall seeing someone doing it years ago on either a mod retro or benheck post. I found ribbon extenders for the white 10 pin, but I can't find...
  10. emberwolf

Greetings all. I have come to share with you all a GameCube portable in Year of our lord 2023. Why? Well a couple reasons. First is I started and never finished a portable about 5-6 years ago that I'll be cannibalizing as a start point. The second major reason is that this is a present for a...
  11. emberwolf

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello all. I'm Emberwolf from Washington state USA. I've built a few portables about 15 years ago and started and abandoned one about 5 years ago. I'm planning on finally finishing up that one and starting a new one.