Search results

1. LCandell

Question How to desolder components on wii motherboard?

Do you need the A/V port for your console? I didn't want to harvest the port when I trimmed my wii, so I've destroyed the metal chassis of the conector using the cutting pliers and then used the soldering iron to remove pin by pin (I didn't have a hot air station in that moment) After that you...
  2. LCandell

Question Will my Wii short?

In my 3 trims, the resistance values were different than the values on the post, even I saw two different values between 2 trims of the same board revision. Just make sure they're not shorted or too close to it and try wiring voltages and video to test it Here's a comparison:
  3. LCandell

Question Will my Wii short?

I think you should use a microscope to inspect that zone I did the same on my first trim, but sanding that zone a little bit fixed the issue Just need to try to sand to diagonally separate the layers and prevent shorts I don't see any important signal in the top layer at that zone
  4. LCandell

Worklog Omega trim

Thanks a lot! For both @subierekt @Stitches
  5. LCandell

Worklog Omega trim

Can you explain me please your "wireless" U10 location? :ding!: I know I need to take 3.3V and send delayed signal to CPU, but I don't know if the pins of the other side are only soldered together or must be soldered to another place
  6. LCandell

Worklog Wii portable called Wii TV

Be free to use it, the devices only draws the required current to work Just be careful to not short wires while the power is turned on
  7. LCandell

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

I'm making the same with a GameStation 5 (A mini PS5) but it will be a tabletop console: PiiS5 Looking forward to read a worklog of your projects, good luck!
  8. LCandell

Worklog Wii-Pi

With that kind of work maybe also a Wii can be placed inside :XD: Love the way you manage your wiring! @JMCD
  9. LCandell

Question question about chip mx

Me alegra encontrar otra persona que hable español! En la guia de corte esta la respuesta: Por el momento solo sirve para los eventos de reloj en tiempo real para el Gamecube Espero te ayude
  10. LCandell

Worklog PiiS5 - Forget Custom PCBAs and advanced skills

Minor updates since the project's progress is running slowly: The plastic pieces to cover the controller ports were ready: Remember the original buttons that I've saved from the original console? I used some plastic pieces removed from this console to set the button board on place and then...
  11. LCandell

Worklog Omega trim

The ol' reliable NAND bend Awesome work! Congratulations for your first OMEGA
  12. LCandell

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

I've tried to reduce my trim as small as possible, but it still has the same shape defined on OMGWTF Maybe I should go for: -The AVE lines first (no matter if I need to solder on smaller vias) -Relocate U10 directly onto the vias on top side and wire 3v3 to it -Check compendium for closest...
  13. LCandell

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well I have a question: Does anyone knows which is the minimum trim size for a OMGWTF trim? NOTE: without relocating NAND or AVE I know that The Definitive Wii Trimming Guide indicates the trim size with red lines, but I saw some trims on this forum that are...
  14. LCandell

The reason for using a GameStation 5 and not a Nintendo or another console is because the PiiS5 Will look amazing next to my PS5: The console finally arrived! Here's the link, but I don't recommend buying from this seller (see the reason below): GameStation 5 - AliExpress It came with bad...
  15. LCandell

How about cellphone/tablet batteries? They are thinner than 18650
  16. LCandell

Introducing the spoiled baby: The PiiS5 -Have you ever found yourself in trouble when creating your console and seeing that it doesn't look good next to the rest of your consoles or your setup? -Don't have access to a 3D printer? -Did you read this with a voice like the TV spots announcer? I...
  17. LCandell

Hope this guide can help you to modifiy the voltage input for your screen: Running Screens Off Lower Voltages | BitBuilt - Giving Life to Old Consoles I think I saw a video which uses the same screen driver and the guy modifies it to run at 3.3V or 5V, but I need to get home to access to that...
  18. LCandell

Solved Snes micro computer

Can you share the specs of your computer? I didn’t imagine that can run $witch games by only seeing it :ding!: Such a cool project, congratulations!!
  19. LCandell

Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

If you want to use those points or scratch the vias near the gpu, it’s ok I was saying that you can solder direclty to the connector because your console its not trimmed and its easier to solder there
  20. LCandell

Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

Unfortunately you forcibly have to rewire the module onto the console because the connector is totally damaged The good news are that you don't need to scratch traces (for now), you can solder wires from the modulle connector (or the pads on the other side) to console connector. Just follow...