Search results

1. LCandell

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well I have a question: Does anyone knows which is the minimum trim size for a OMGWTF trim? NOTE: without relocating NAND or AVE I know that The Definitive Wii Trimming Guide indicates the trim size with red lines, but I saw some trims on this forum that are...
  2. LCandell

Worklog PiiS5 - Forget Custom PCBAs and advanced skills

Introducing the spoiled baby: The PiiS5 -Have you ever found yourself in trouble when creating your console and seeing that it doesn't look good next to the rest of your consoles or your setup? -Don't have access to a 3D printer? -Did you read this with a voice like the TV spots announcer? I...
  3. LCandell

Question AVE relocation trim line / LDO resistor config

Hi! I saw somewhere in this forum (Exactly in a @Nold post that he trimmed an AVE chip and relocated it to do a OMEGA trim: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/road-to-omega-smexy-meme-pic-heavy-as-f.2015/page-2 -Can you @Nold, or someone share the exact trim line for the AVE chip to...
  4. LCandell

Solved Affordable regulators (Mini560)

Has anyone used this regulators on a portable before? Do you know how much they heat? Mini560 regulators: https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0XX5NY
  5. LCandell

Question Which is the best alternative to manage the battery source?

Hi guys! I've been working on a portable trying to spend as less as possible, so i'm wondering which is the best alternative to manage battery power? I don't have interest in buying custom boards (as the 4layer tech ones) or making my own, so: -How can I power my regulators using 18650...
  6. LCandell

Question Image issues using RGB with WiitoHDMI

Hi everyone! Could someone help me to fix this issue? I'm using a Wiitohdmi board wired directly to the RGB caps on the top side of the board ¿Is this error because the wires aren't shielded? I'm using this guide:
  7. LCandell

Solved Wii to HDMI

Can the Wii to HDMI RGB be soldered directly to AVE pins? Or need to be soldered on the caps side? I’m using this help for the pinout (attached picture)
  8. LCandell

Question Can I make a GC controller using only the CNT-DOL chip?

I was thinking about "trimming" an original gamecube controller board (DOL-003) to fit in my portable controllers Can the CNT-DOL chip work by itself only connecting 3.3V supplies, grounds and the oscilator? I know that the GC+ exists, but is so expensive to buy or manufacture one (also...
  9. LCandell

Solved Can you help me to troubleshoot OMGWTF trims?

I've already trimmed 2 boards: -RVK-CPU-01 -RVL-CPU-40 I started to work with the CPU-40 because I thought that the resistances on the RVK were wrong (I trimmed too close of the red line) I trimmed the board first by removing USB and Video areas (rectangle shaped), and the console was working...
  10. LCandell

Question Relocating disc drive driver board

Is there a way to relocate the disc drive driver board after doing an OMGWTF cut? I'm using a RVL-CPU-40 board
  11. LCandell

Solved Questions about trimming mobo

Hey pals! Does anyone know if I can cut my mainboard trough these red lines and still be able to use the board without custom regulators? In case you couldn't see the board version, It's RVL-CPU-40