Search results

1. Tantalus2102

RVLoader v2.0

Be careful - A Samsung Fit Plus isn't actually small enough to fit in the PMS-PD 2 (though I did get it working with RVLoader). I tried, but had to switch to the SanDisk you're currently using and everything worked for me. I would check your wiring on D+/- before putting RVLoader on a new drive.
  2. Tantalus2102

Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Trim lines look good! Tape on the inside of the outline is also a good idea - particularly on top of the main chips/nand to make sure nothing gets underneath during the cut and causes a short later. I used masking tape for this, and didn't use kapton tape until actually doing electronic...
  3. Tantalus2102

Ashida Wiring help

Love the color scheme of your print! Definitely want to see what it looks like when all put together. The wiring itself looks good (the twisted pairs for the colors plus h/v-sync look to be in the correct place), but when you say you used the same color for all points, do you mean even within...
  4. Tantalus2102

Worklog Ashida Worklog + Questions

I've spent the last 24+ hours playing with settings and recording numbers. Most of my initial paranoia is gone, and I'm a lot more comfortable with the build! I bumped up the charging speed to the max allowed by RVLoader (~4500mA charge current), and once the batteries hit their max charge for...
  5. Tantalus2102

Hmm, doesn't SDW/SCW just control on screen output? What about the percentage in the "status" tab of RVLoader settings? Doesn't that just have to do with the reading of the batteries directly by the PMS-lite? My main concern isn't the accuracy of the on-screen reading, it's the battery life in...
  6. Tantalus2102

Decided to make today entirely a work day, and I got a lot more done that expected! I finished wiring up the PMS-Lite to the RVL-AMP, then added in the PMS-PD 2 and all its associated wires. I used 28 AWG magnet wire for UP, PWR, and 3V3, and 22 AWG stranded for ground and charge. Next...
  7. Tantalus2102

Thanks for the responses! I had assumed that was the case for the data lines, but I'm always looking for a crosscheck before soldering. Those vias do indeed go to ground, so I'll use those for the audio ground wire! As for the sync button, it would be difficult to cut the trace as it is now, so...
  8. Tantalus2102

After years of modding Gameboys and staring longingly at portabilized consoles, I've decided to take the plunge and build an Ashida for myself. I've spent the past weeks reading the forums and gathering parts, and I've already put a significant dent into things, though the hard work is all ahead...
  9. Tantalus2102

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi all! Been lurking around the forums and Discord for a while and am finally creating an account. Most of my modding experience is in Game Boys, but I've been looking at schematics for portabilized Gamecubes and Wiis on and off for the past decade, and am finally taking the plunge with the...