Search results

1. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

So I wouldn't have to worry about disconnecting or removing the voltage regulators already on the board? Wouldn't that be putting both regulators in parallel? Or are those even regulators? Is it better to use the PMS and get rid of the 1v8 LDO? Would it be more power efficient? Or is it only...
  2. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Okay! I've done a lot of progress today! I soldered on the U AMP 2 board along with the GC+2.0. Then I soldered on the stick boxes and shoulder button pots. Lastly I finished up the peripherals on the Ashida boards. GC+2 Shoulder PotC-Stick BoxUAMP-2Extra PeripheralsLeft Analog Stick BoxLeft...
  3. Question Would acrylic paint be suitable for design on portable?

For my Ashida I'm making, my girlfriend will be helping me paint the case. So far, our idea is to cover it with a light blue spray paint and then put a design on the middle of the bottom half. For the light blue I've decided to use testors or tamiya (I haven't decided so if anyone has...
  4. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Hey guys, I'll be getting my 4layer boards in today and I'm gonna try to boot the Wii. As of right now, the PMS-PD is out of stock. I know I'll probably need to be charging the batteries and I was wondering if there was a safe way to do that without the PD. Thanks again!
  5. Question Which is better to clean Soldering Iron tip during use

So my soldering iron came with a sponge. Of course you put a little water in there to clean the tip. However there are copper mesh things that you can also use to clean the tip. I read that it's better to use as it doesn't cool off the tip and doesn't oxidize it. Is this true? Is it substantial...
  6. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Thank you everyone! I've desoldered the two stick boxes and tommorrow I'll desolder the analog sliders for the L and R buttons. Also, I've sanded my Wii and recorded the resistances. Do these look okay? All looks okay except the resistance between the 3.3v pins to everything else is roughly...
  7. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Oh yeah duh, thanks I should've known that. I asked before I actually looked at the controller. What temp do you recommend to desolder at? Thanks for you help! Edit (Additional Question): Where is the 1.8v at on the wii motherboard? I'm measuring my resistances before I sand it to see the...
  8. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Hey guys I got a quick question: I know I sand at an angle with each grit listed on the Wii trimming guide, but how long should I sand for each individual grit? Also, I got my GameCube controller in and I'm gonna desolder the needed parts, do I use the blob method like on the U10? I don't have...
  9. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

MX Chip cut! I ordered all the sandpaper on Amazon and now I'm waiting till Tuesday for it to arrive. Soon I'll be getting the Ashida PCBs, GC+, and U-amp 2 and I'll solder all of those together. Thanks for your help guys!
  10. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Okay guys, I finished the trim! But now I'm really scared i cut too close on the top. Please tell me i didn't haha.
  11. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Thanks guys, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Side question: What's the downside to having a cpu-40 compared to a cpu-60?
  12. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Here's my outline. I tried to be very cautious with my line. I'm still gonna cut outside of it, and hopefully it'll be all okay. If anyone is quick enough, could you double check this? I think as long as I'm cautious, this will be okay. I just want to be as careful as I can. Thanks everyone...
  13. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Hello! I'm so excited to finally start this worklog, and in turn, this project. I'm building an Ashida and I've recieved a lot of my parts. Most of you know the specs, so I won't go into them, but I will talk about some goals with this. I want to do these things: Wifi Relocation Bluetooth...
  14. Solved Usable rotary tool

Hey guys, I found this rotary tool in our garage and I'm wanting to trim a Wii. Would this be fast enough? It's only one speed (around 16k rpm). I'm content with buying a better one if this isn't good enough. Also I bought some diamond bits for it and I need to make sure they're good enough too...
  15. Question GameCube Platinum Color

Thank you, that seems like a great idea. I googled a little bit but I'll definitely need to see it in person. I'm gonna look around and see if I can find something that is close to it. If I can't find anything that's close enough for me, do you think I could get a gray color that was close to...
  16. Question GameCube Platinum Color

Hello guys, Does anyone know what paint/hex color the platinum GameCube controllers are? I'm wanting to paint my Ashida like the controllers i grew up playing with. Worst case scenario I'll just bring a controller into Home Depot and just have them color match it. Thank you!
  17. Question Case material

When choosing to print with PLA, what should I choose to be the infill? Or does it even matter? Thanks!
  18. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey guys! I've always wanted to get into making a Wii portable but never had the money. But now I'm able to save up and I'm really excited to get into this!