Search results

1. Question Would acrylic paint be suitable for design on portable?

For my Ashida I'm making, my girlfriend will be helping me paint the case. So far, our idea is to cover it with a light blue spray paint and then put a design on the middle of the bottom half. For the light blue I've decided to use testors or tamiya (I haven't decided so if anyone has...
  2. Question Which is better to clean Soldering Iron tip during use

So my soldering iron came with a sponge. Of course you put a little water in there to clean the tip. However there are copper mesh things that you can also use to clean the tip. I read that it's better to use as it doesn't cool off the tip and doesn't oxidize it. Is this true? Is it substantial...
  3. Worklog Ashida First Portable Worklog

Hello! I'm so excited to finally start this worklog, and in turn, this project. I'm building an Ashida and I've recieved a lot of my parts. Most of you know the specs, so I won't go into them, but I will talk about some goals with this. I want to do these things: Wifi Relocation Bluetooth...
  4. Solved Usable rotary tool

Hey guys, I found this rotary tool in our garage and I'm wanting to trim a Wii. Would this be fast enough? It's only one speed (around 16k rpm). I'm content with buying a better one if this isn't good enough. Also I bought some diamond bits for it and I need to make sure they're good enough too...
  5. Question GameCube Platinum Color

Hello guys, Does anyone know what paint/hex color the platinum GameCube controllers are? I'm wanting to paint my Ashida like the controllers i grew up playing with. Worst case scenario I'll just bring a controller into Home Depot and just have them color match it. Thank you!