Search results

1. mcats

Finished GalaxyBoy rev3

GalaxyBoy I ended up finishing the GalaxyBoy a few months ago but here it is! This is the first portable I've made and I'm very happy with how it turned out. I also painted my Wii to match with the Gboy. This project took me about 6/7 months, starting in January of this year when I finished it...
  2. mcats

Solved Looking for a u10 or u9 + 2 ground pins?

I have a few extra U10/U9, do you still need them?
  3. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

Update again: After wiring up the PMS to my old trimmed Wii, it looks like the 3.3v and 1.8v power lines no longer work. It's strange because when the 3.3v line is only hooked up to the PD and U-AMP, it will still read 3.3v. It is only when hooked up to the Wii that I won't get 3.3v out...
  4. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

After desoldering the 3.3v power lines, it looks like the PMS is still receiving 3.3v. I checked each of the power lines on the PMS and everything seems to be getting the right voltages which is also great. I then tried rewiring 3.3v to different points on the Wii but to no success. However, I...
  5. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

Gboy Update: RIP to the PMS/Wii Man, I'm really going through it now. I had finished wiring everything in the Gboy with everything working great, so I decided to move on to the MX chip. As I was wiring the 3.3v to the chip, I ended up forgetting to remove one of the batteries. When I went to...
  6. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try soldering to the legs tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I'll try grinding down to the lead frame. If after all that doesn't work, I also have a new Wii on the way :)
  7. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

Thank you!
  8. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

Update Post: 1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back Been a while since my last post, but since then, I've made a lot of progress up until today. First I tested to make sure my trim worked and I got it to boot! I was really excited about getting it to work on the first try, especially since I had to...
  9. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

PM'd you, thanks!
  10. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

Thanks for the help on my questions! I unfortunately used the destructive method of removing the LDO so I no longer have it, so I was considering taking one from a donor board. However, two caveats are that the board does not boot anymore so I'm not sure the LDO is good and also its a CPU-01...
  11. mcats

mcat's G-Boy worklog

Hey everyone! I recently started my journey of creating a G-boy. When the original Gboy kit came out, I desperately wanted to build one but didn't have the funds to at the time. Now with Gman's STLs, 4LayerTech, and Dustin Fisher's PCBs, I'm hoping to make one of my own! I started with...
  12. mcats

Looking to buy a PMS-PD 2 (willing to pay $40 + shipping)

Hey ya'll! I have all the parts needed to start building my portable except for the PMS-PD 2. If anyone has one they are willing to sell, I'd be willing to pay $40 plus the cost of shipping (US). Thanks!
  13. mcats

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello everyone! My name is mcats, and I'm a college sophomore in Washington. I've just trimmed my Wii for the first time and am hoping I can successfully build a Gboy using Dustin Fisher's custom pcb's. I'll also try to post a worklog along the way.