Search results

1. CMYK

Question PSX Mod Installer in Brisbane, Australia?

Haven't tried out a game for longer than 2 minutes, but everything seems to be working, even tested the IGR. I am both confused and content, which is an odd feeling.
  2. CMYK

To add to the confusion, I just plugged the PSX into my CRT and it works beautifully, both PAL and NTSC. Sound is there, no flicker, full colour. Should have put the VGA port back in!
  3. CMYK

Thanks guys, this is the most helpful/friendly forum ever :D Yes, it's a PU-18 so compatible. I'll DM you to sort out details, thank you!
  4. CMYK

Thanks @Wesk ! Much appreciate the offer. I would prefer someone local given shipping costs / irregular Auspost performance, but if @Stitches or @Dmcke5 both don't respond I'll certainly take you up on that. Is it OK if I DM you in that case?
  5. CMYK

I've been teaching myself soldering for about 6-8 months now, and usually my projects involve 'nice and chunky' connections on old DMG Game Boys. Apart from some failures early on, this has been mostly successful. I thought I'd give something smaller a try, and went for an xStation PSX install...
  6. CMYK

Question Identifying PSX Modchip

My RCA cable arrived. Confirming that thankfully, everything is still working! Video looks a lot worse than I remembered, so I guess next up is the VGA mod.
  7. CMYK

Fingers crossed! Will provide an update once I get the RCA cables :)
  8. CMYK

The reverse side had nothing on it, except for some... goop. This may have been a mistake, but I decided to remove the modchip. Will let you know if functionality is impacted once my replacement RCA cables arrive (it didn't come with these).
  9. CMYK

I got a PSX (5502 PU-18) off eBay and after taking it apart for cleaning, I noticed it comes with an unexpected modchip surprise. I want to remove it. Has anyone ever seen one of these, and happens to know if it's safe to remove? I tried to find this particular modchip on Google, but came up...
  10. CMYK

Worklog PS1 Native VGA mod (15khz)

Perfect, thanks for confirming! I'll try to connect it like this:
  11. CMYK

Worklog PS1 Native VGA mod (15khz)

Signed up to ask this question, long-time lurker first-time poster :) I have a SCPH-5502 as well, however never worked with VGA before. How/Where do I connect the ground contact(s) on the board? Based on the pictures from @Wesk and @buzzyc, it looks like you split the R, G, B cables into two...