Search results

1. atkfromabove

Question N64 Controller Board - First KiCad Project

This is my first time ever making something in KiCad. I am looking to get some suggestions, feedback, and input on the way that I created everything. Does the schematic make any sense? Is the layout okay? How could I better design everything? Does the labeling look okay? I want to know what...
  2. atkfromabove

Worklog First N64 Portable - N64HH Build

Over the past month I've been gathering together the things I need to do an N64 build. I am finally ready to start a worklog now that I have most of the necessary parts. I wanted to start with what I have done so far up to this point. This post might be a little scrambled and all over the place...
  3. atkfromabove

Question N64 PMS and 64 Amp

I'm wanting to start an N64 portable but I'm missing these 2 parts. Does anyone know where I could get them? I know they are no longer sold on the store and they aren't open sourced.
  4. atkfromabove

Question Random Questions

I've had a few questions after building a couple of portables that I haven't found exact answers to and wanted to ask them all here. 1. What are all the RVLoader button combos? I've seen a few posts with people referencing things like battery percentage, volume, and OSD control. 2. How can I...
  5. atkfromabove

Question 4layertech Screen Controls

I am confused on how to change the position of the screen that came from 4layertech. It doesn't come with a screen control daughter board and there are no documents that show where I can solder to for the buttons. Does anyone have info for the blue driver board from 4layertech to adjust the...
  6. atkfromabove

Worklog Purple Ashida Build

Just after finishing my G-Wii I learned so many things I could do better I decided to try out an Ashida build. So far I have prepped the Wii and painted my case purple. I got the color as close to the right purple as I could with what my local paint shops had on hand. I think it looks pretty...
  7. atkfromabove

Question Bluetooth Testing

I just wired up my bluetooth module and want to test it out but my wii-mote isn't connecting. Do I need to have RVLoader boot up fully before the wii-mote will connect? If so, how can I easily hook up a usb drive to test it with my wii trimmed?
  8. atkfromabove

Question Gamecube Paint Color

I am trying to order a custom paint can of the Gamecube paint color. I found the correct color code (Pantone 7673 C) but the site I am ordering from has 5 options for the type of Sheen and I'm not sure which one to choose. The 5 options are: Flat Low Lustre Satin Semi-Gloss Gloss This is the...
  9. atkfromabove

2x GC+

I have 2 spare GC+ boards that I don't need.
  10. atkfromabove

UltraVGA Retroactive

My friend gave this to me a few years ago. I don't think I'll ever do any mods for the N64. I am not sure if it's missing anything he only gave me the chip with the ribbon cable.
  11. atkfromabove

Question Game System Error

I'm having issues getting one of my favorite games working with Nintendont. I am trying to play ATV Quad Power Racing 2 and if I turn on force VGA I get a "SYSTEM ERROR" screen with "Unrecognised TV format in CGXRenderer::GetTVSystem()!" If I leave VGA off the game will boot but it has a...
  12. atkfromabove

Question PMS-Lite LED Indicator Won't Turn Off

I just got the LED indicator light soldered up to my PMS-Lite and it won't turn off even when I power down the PMS. The light just stays a solid red on or off.
  13. atkfromabove

Worklog Blue G-Wii

Finally started my first portable! I bought all the stuff for this thing probably 3 years ago and I'm just now getting the ambition to start it. I've already got the trim done and tested that it's working. I started to mount the items in the case. I'll be taking more photos when I get home...
  14. atkfromabove

Question No Signal Composite Out

I have trimmed 2 wii's now, both getting the same issue with no composite out. The Wii is getting power since the chips heat up when I hit the power button but nothing from the video signal. I did choose the VGA option when installing RVLoader. Does that mean composite doesn't output anymore...