Search results

1. Sunny

Worklog Wii 350P Worklog

Small progress report: Managed to get a gerber view of the joystick pinout from the wonderful people over at GuliKit, so the next steps will be to do with selecting an appropriate ZIF connector and building a test board with it. Same goes for the button PCB with integrated OSD controls. I've...
  2. Sunny

Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

IMO it's not worth it to shave a few dollars off of your BOM by going for cheap Ali cells. I've had a good experience purchasing from NKON.
  3. Sunny

Worklog Wii 350P Worklog

Hey all! I'm finally getting around to using all the hardware I purchased around 2020 to build my first Wii portable. To keep a long story short, what got me interested in Wii portables was my first handheld, the grey model of the GKD 350H. After getting into some of the memorable experiences...
  4. Sunny

Question What should I do for my first project?

No worries! The dual tact switches (for the triggers) are available from the Bitbuilt store. The wiring for them is shown on the 4th photo of the GC+ 2.0 store page. As for the other switches for the dpad and ABXY, there are heaps of different options to choose from. I have seen people use low...
  5. Sunny

Question What should I do for my first project?

Hey there! Parts that have been custom made for the Gboy include 2 pcbs for easy button installation and a different sized amp. For the button pcbs in the Gboy, you would just wire your buttons to the GC+ 2.0 instead of you are making your own portable, and then use the U-AMP for digital audio...
  6. Sunny

Question Any recommendations for 3D Modeling Programs?

Fusion 360 is awesome to use! I highly recommend this video, as it introduces most of the important tools/methods that you'll need for modeling your portable.
  7. Sunny

Solved Wii Portable Parts?

For your screen question: It's personal preference. I prefer 16:9 (which is a 4:3 image that is stretched to fit 16:9. So not true 16:9). I'll be building my first portable soon too, and I'm using the Eyoyo 5" screen (which is 16:9 800x480 and comes with a board). Stitches on the forum made a...
  8. Sunny

Question Help designing a Wii Portable aka the Budii

For the buttons you'll need actual switches to use them (which I didn't see in the list), and you only need one tact switch per trigger so don't buy two pairs, you only need to order it once (since it already comes with two switches)
  9. Sunny

The disk drive does not need to work if you're planning on using Portablizemii ;)
  10. Sunny

Hey Mega! The BitBuilt store has some amazing already made PCBs that I'd really recommend using! For charging, you can use the USB-C PD Charging PCB, which is where you'll connect your usb-c cable into for charging up to 12V. (On that same board is where you connect you're USB for data) From...
  11. Sunny

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey everyone, here's a quick introduction. My name is Sunny and I'm 17 years old and I've very recently moved to the Netherlands. I use 'Bathtub360' as a username on most other platforms. I've been interested in soldering and DIY projects for a few years now, but so far the only project I've...