2021 contest entry: The Big Pii

My dudes of the bitbuilt forums, I unveil to you the

Big Pii

Making this in blender was not my best decision ever, as it is not a cad software, but with workarounds and constant regretting of my existence the Big Pii was born. Bask in the glory of the Big Pii-ness (ha)!
This is my first portable ever and honestly I am worried I'm going to screw up assembling this thing together. But regardless this thing will be finished eventually (I hope in time).

The parts contained in this build are:
- Rvl-Pms2
-Pms-Pd2
- U-Amp 2
- Gc+ 2
- dn-d567at 5"
- screws I found from my prusa printer's spare parts box
- dsl breakout boards
- 2 18650 li-ion batteries
- analog2hdmi
- vga switch
- buttons from the gwii rev 2 parts list on gdoc
- joycon sticks

I will post updates regarding the build's progress when I have time to do so. That is all for the moment being I guess.

Attachments

UPDATE: sorry guys I did want to finish before the due date, but school and other personal issues and roadblocks got in the way and its sad to say but I must forfeit this competition. I will finish it soon, but not before the due date sadly. I did make great strides with the project and am sort of near done, but considering my low skills in soldering it takes me a lot longer than it should to wire up the simplest things, and ontop of that most of completing this project is troubleshooting as I forget to wire certain things to the pms and other circuits and sometimes certain things are not wired well enough. I truely did want to finish in time, but I guess not. Plus 75% of the project was having multiple mental breakdowns so that elongated time on it as well. So yeah, sorry.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
UPDATE: sorry guys I did want to finish before the due date, but school and other personal issues and roadblocks got in the way and its sad to say but I must forfeit this competition. I will finish it soon, but not before the due date sadly. I did make great strides with the project and am sort of near done, but considering my low skills in soldering it takes me a lot longer than it should to wire up the simplest things, and ontop of that most of completing this project is troubleshooting as I forget to wire certain things to the pms and other circuits and sometimes certain things are not wired well enough. I truely did want to finish in time, but I guess not. Plus 75% of the project was having multiple mental breakdowns so that elongated time on it as well. So yeah, sorry.
You don't need to have things perfect to call them finished for the competition, you can always call something an entry even if it's not quite what you were aspiring towards (in saying that, I'm not in charge of the competition, and it'll be amazing if I complete anything also as I'm waiting on stuff in the post and am currently eying up a cardboard box and assorted printed bits for a case...). So have a sleep, see how you feel with fresh eyes in the morning, and if you can make something of what's currently strewn across your desk with liberal application of hot glue :)

You don't need to have things perfect to call them finished for the competition, you can always call something an entry even if it's not quite what you were aspiring towards (in saying that, I'm not in charge of the competition, and it'll be amazing if I complete anything also as I'm waiting on stuff in the post and am currently eying up a cardboard box and assorted printed bits for a case...). So have a sleep, see how you feel with fresh eyes in the morning, and if you can make something of what's currently strewn across your desk with liberal application of hot glue :)
well, I guess I could get something construed a couple hours before it is due, the only hope I have of this entry is getting it to a working state. So I guess it is a forfeit in the fact that this project is not fully completed through and through, but it might be an entry in the hopes that this is working before the due date and that there is a worklog, but thats about it. I probably wont finish, but Ill see what I can do. Thanks for the hope!

EDIT: Nah, flu season came down on me and sadly got congested before I could do anything to at least make some kind of entry, good or bad. Never the less, I will finish soon, but only once this congestion goes away.

Last edited: