3D Scan Donation Pool (Ko-Fi)

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I've setup a Ko-fi donation pool so that we can work our way towards more 3D scans. Pop a few dollars in the pool and suggest what gets scanned next.

https://ko-fi.com/weskmods

How does this work?:

In the "message" field request what item you'd like to see scanned. If there are enough funds in the pool I'll look at obtaining said item, if not it'll be added to the list and purchased when funds are available.

Last edited:
I’d love to see more stuff that gets n64 portabilizing to be easier or as polished as the ashida. I’m not sure what that would be since I can’t imagine a portable based on the n64 controller. Happy to put money into what the more creative people think, though. Maybe the retrofighters brawler 64 controller? Idk if there’s legal issue around that since it’s so new.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who donated to the first pool, we met 109% of the 200usd goal and now have a N64 Retro Brawlers controller, Sega 32X and Sega Saturn next on the 3D scan chopping block.

Reactions: Y2K
. Hello, I have tried to donate something so that the Sega Nomad can be scanned, but when trying to donate by visa it gives me an error and I do not have Pay Pal. If there is another way to donate, tell me and I will do it. I think that Sega Nomad would be one of the most important scans, because it would help preserve said console at a historical level because it is a console with very few units.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
. Hello, I have tried to donate something so that the Sega Nomad can be scanned, but when trying to donate by visa it gives me an error and I do not have Pay Pal. If there is another way to donate, tell me and I will do it. I think that Sega Nomad would be one of the most important scans, because it would help preserve said console at a historical level because it is a console with very few units.
That'll be something you'll need to contact VISA for and figure out what's going on, could be fraud protection.

Me alegra saber que la gente está haciendo donaciones para sega nomad seria algo único en la red, yo acabo de donar, ha sido algo mínimo. Un saludo y gracias por todo el trabajo que haces, eres una gran persona.

I'm glad to know that people are making donations to Sega Nomad, it would be something unique on the internet, I just donated, it has been something minimal. Greetings and thank you for all the work you do, you are a great person.

I have seen some Sega Nomads on eBay, I don't know how much was raised at the moment, but there is one whose bid is 147 euros plus shipping, it could be interesting. Greetings and I hope to see that scan soon.

Attachments

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I have seen some Sega Nomads on eBay, I don't know how much was raised at the moment, but there is one whose bid is 147 euros plus shipping, it could be interesting. Greetings and I hope to see that scan soon.
A Nomad has already been purchased and should arrive before the end of October.

I am happy to have this great news, thanks to all the people who contributed and to you for doing this altruistic work, not only do you know, but all the things can be preserved throughout history and time, digitally. Especially Sega Nomad because it is a rarity in Sega and because of its few units and almost no information.

Portables
KiWii Portable (In progress)
Have you thought to do the Wii U Pro Controller? I know a couple of people have been looking for 3d models of it, I would love to donate a dead controller to you if you want Wesk! Or just the shell if that's easier for you.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Have you thought to do the Wii U Pro Controller? I know a couple of people have been looking for 3d models of it, I would love to donate a dead controller to you if you want Wesk! Or just the shell if that's easier for you.
Happy to scan it if you want to get a few donations in for me to purchase one. A faulty one should be fairly cheap

I would like to send you a Dualsense for PS5 to scan the shells and buttons. I'll also donate some money and you can keep the controller.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I am happy to have this great news, thanks to all the people who contributed and to you for doing this altruistic work, not only do you know, but all the things can be preserved throughout history and time, digitally. Especially Sega Nomad because it is a rarity in Sega and because of its few units and almost no information.
Soon

1698632318258.png

Muchas gracias por conseguir esta parte de la historia para toda la humanidad algún día todo esto será una forma de estudio de la tecnología de fila el del siglo 20 gracias.

Wesk, I have a Super Famicom Box that got damaged in shipping. I think it would cost WAY too much to purchase to have you scan. What would it cost to scan if I sent you my damaged part so I could repair/recreate the mesh?

1698675123723.png
1698675246955.png

Lodad

Just watched Tito's video and gave what I could on Ko-fi. Honestly didn't know about the pool so I'm glad I saw it. I hope the pool gets the attention it deserves from the new video, that shell looks pretty slick. Good luck and thanks for what you do! I'll get around to proper STLs of those Duke thumbsticks one* of these days.

Edit: a word

Last edited:

gizmo

Just found out about this. Really cool. Could I ask what 3D scanner you are using?