Alterative to the PMS-PD 2

Portables
I plan on building an ashida, and I've been able to source all the required parts except for the PMS-PD 2 board. (https://4layertech.com/collections/modular-line/products/rvl-pd-2) It's been out of stock for some time now, which isa problem because I'm an impatient tool. This lead to me thinking of alternatives to get this board asap.
1. ordering one from a site like PCBway, IF the board is open source. I dont want to / can't use this method if it's closed source.
2. Using the USB C PD board from a G-Boy. I have a borked, half finished Gboy kit laying around (The controller pcb died on me and I couldn't get a replacement pcb) that just sits on my shelf as a reminder to finish a portable one day. the controller board may be dead, but the usb c pd board works perfectly, so I'm wondering if it would be possible to use that board instead
3. the longest of longshots.... Does anyone here have an extra PMS-PD 2 I can buy from them lol

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
PMS-PD is unfortunately not open source, but its a pretty simple design that can even be improved on if you wanted to get into all of that. Yveltal recently brought the husb238 to my attention which seems even more capable than the IP2721 negotiation IC that PMS-PD uses!

A G-boy PD board might work but no promises that it works well with PMS2/Lite, since it was designed for the original PMS iirc. You'd also have to remix the case design to be able to properly mount it.

Portables
I just checked the Gboy PD board further and the more I look the less I think this option will work.