BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Reset

Hello !
I am from France, and I never modded until now, I am there because I would like built my own Ashida Wii ! My english is not perfect, so I am there to get some confirmation about my understanding on what I have to do for :)
You make a really great job here in portabilizing old consoles, it's awesome.

I hope to success on my Ashida Wii for playing PSO I& II online everywhere :)

Hi all,

New to modding but have done a decent amount of electronics repairs. By no means an expert, but I tinker which I hope will come in handy for this hobby.

Lurked for a while without registering and just thought it was time. Might get started on a Wii build in the near future, just takes me a while to fully commit.

Hello, I am from Argentina, I am 31 years old, all the work that was done in this community is incredible.

Portables
Hey all, I'm nmPicard! I'm very new to the modding scene, and interested in making a Wii handheld roughly following the G-Boy instructions!

R-Lad

Hi my name's Randy! I'm missing a leg and like paying people to do work for me because I'm lazy (and missing a leg)

Ryuza

Hey all!

Finally decided to get into portable making with an Ashida and figured I should start up an account for when I inevitably hit some snags.

Howdy yall,

Super new to the console modding/destroying scene in any public sort of way. Been doing a lot of stuff on my own over the past few years either through work or just for random personal projects, but haven't gotten super far with most of them since it's pretty demotivating not having anyone to share the end results with, and to bounce ideas off when I get stuck on *insert literally any situation here*. I've kept up with console modding through various something or others throughout the years (probably reddit?) and have seen tons of amazing things a lot of people here have made, so meeting a handful of you yesterday at MGC and finding out each of you were directly responsible so many of the projects and concepts that have kept me interested in all of this was seriously amazing. I was not aware there was any active community for these sorts of things until a few of you very aggressively blackmailed me in to joining here to share my social security number, which is 100% my fault since I bragged about it being really cool. It's 6 and a few more numbers and letters or something idk dude.

I have a bunch of (hopefuly?) cool projects in the works that are all in various states of completion, but I had also mentioned a RAM relocation flex that I was designing that I should hopefully be able to post more about soon.
Whichever one of you gave me the little bag of PCBs, I ate a few of them and they tasted terrible. Also, what were they part of so I can make that?

But for real, as weird as it may sound, seeing all the projects on display in person was a surreal experience. A lot of the things i've seen online that you guys have made are ("is"? both words don't sound right. English sucks, whatever) quite literally the reason I have the skills to work in the field that I do. There's a strange disconnect between a thing you see online and a real human being behind it, so to have gotten to talk to the people that worked on projects I STILL constantly reference is so much more motivating than I can explain in knowing that people like all of you are still active in what previously felt like a niche, dying community.

Last edited:
Hello there.

For console modding related stuff, I'm mostly interested in PS2 related stuff but also messed around with DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS3, PS4, and PSVita.

bt004

Hi everyone! Just getting started with portabalizing, working on my first Wii trim for use in an Ashida! Thanks to all who make the information on this site and elsewhere available :)

Hi! Like the name says, not a youngster any more.
Used to work at Sega a long time ago for over a decade, so gaming is in my heart. Before that I was in the arcades by the seaside in the UK every summer. These days gaming is a hobby but my obsession is "the perfect portable console". Means different things to everybody - for me I want atari thru ps2/xbox in my portable.
Thanks all for the forums - really helping me on this journey/obsession and want to offer any input from my own experience when I can.

Hi my names Dylan and I'm from NY. The wii U was my first console and I have very fond memories playing it every day after school. I've always had the itch to make my own portable as for some reason the idea of taking something meant to be stationary and making it into a more convenient package scratches an itch in the back of my brain. I'm excited to get started with my first project!

Hi! I have way too much free time and just really like the idea of learning about making portables. Used to lurk but finally making an account since asking questions can actually be useful (Who would've thought!) I like Sega stuff :)

Hey folks,

Long term fan, new member to the community :)

I hope I can learn from you and hopefully give back in terms of value and support :)

Hallo! I used to be a member of the ben heck and modretro forums under the name "Argelfraster".

I successfully managed to not finish every project I ever started, but maybe this time I won't? Stay tuned.

Portables
Hey, everyone, i’m LR_Jenkins! I’m a second year computer science major at oregon state university, and i’m looking to make my first handheld! I heard about wii portables years ago but only in the last couple weeks found myself in the position to make one. I’m planning on making an ashida cause i love the original gamecube controller. I don’t know how much i’ll end up using it but i don’t want to live my life without having crammed a wii into as small a box as possible. I would love to have the whole system still able to hook up to a tv, and if the initial build goes well i think i know how i will pull it off.

Hoping that maybe the real wii portable is the friends i’ll make along the way. See you all around!