Black Screen

Ok guys I'm back with another question. Seems like it's always one step towards and two steps back. I resolved the previous controller issue by completely replacing the Wii. I had another one lying around and had swapped everything on the PCB so it had to be the Wii or the GC+. Well that did the trick. I wired everything up to composite video and was able to use the controls to boot and play Mario Sunshine. After that I wired up VGA and then the controls worked but when I tried to boot sunshine I would just get a flashing screen. I decided to try a Wii game just to see if it would boot instead. After moving over the rom I just get this black screen. Nothing happens when I turn it on except this black screen. The display doesn't even go through it's usual boot cycle of flashing VGA and no signal before the console starts up. I've removed the game thinking that was the cause but with no luck. As always any tips is greatly appreciated.
20231120_095148.jpg

What's your battery voltage? Sounds like it could just be a case of low battery.
Sitting at 3.7 v currently. I charged it for a bit last night but I'll put it back on the charger now for a bit

Edit: now up to 4.1v with the same issue.

Further edit: this seems to be an issue with the display not the Wii. I reconnected component video to the TV and the Wii still boots. Something is happening with the display

Last edited: