Question Did I fry my Wii?

Portables
Sooo. Okay. So I was trying to relocate the power tact switch but the padding came off of it. So I decided to scratch around and uncover the traces and try again there.
So I scratched what I thought was about right(it looked like it had connected right there) Put a little solder there and connected a switch.
Well. I plugged in my wii and the Power light zapped. It like went white for abit and then just went off. I unplugged it right as it went white but when I plugged it back in. I got no power led and I have no way of telling if the system is going to turn back on because my tact switch replacement didn't work(Obviously)
Sooooo.
Is it fried is my question? and are there ways to tell?

*edit*
So I found out that I had a piece of solder on the power led but i still haven't been able to turn the system on..
I've been out of the portablizing bit for like a few years now. So I'm not as good at this as I used to be. I'm using the RVL-CPU-30 board.

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Sounds like you may have blown the fuse at the back of the board. Custom regulators may bring this board back to life, but there may also be other problems with this board. Pictures would be nice too :P

Herma

Pics are always useful. Chances are it was something simple, like Cheese said, a blown fuse is a likely culprit. I am curious to see your mod. Also, before you go live it's good to do a continuity check on whatever you've done, if anything for a sanity check.

Portables
I'll try to get some posted soon. My phone also just broke(What a week for things to break on me:\) and I won't be getting a new one for about a week. So I'll post some pics in a week when I get my new phone. I do have a replacement board for parts laying around my room somewhere.(that one a long time ago had 7.2vlts flow straight into the video feed by accident:facepalm: and it has been refusing to show video ever since) So if it is a fuse. Luckily I should have some parts >:D
I shall post pics of the board here in a week

Portables
Alright so I finally was able to get my new phone in and get some pictures taken(The goop is just left over from a Gamecube(My wii actually never had anything on the cpu or anything. The heat sink was just attached without any glue or anything. It was pretty suprising. I actually had saved this motherboard or well entire wii from a Gamestop Dumpster so turning it into a Wii Laptop sounded like a Plan. So Yeah I am wondering if anything is fried looking or anything. I'm really curious also on just what I should do about the tact switch and pads being gone by the power switch. Any other way to wire it to turn it on?(I've been out of this for years. The last time I think I messed with anything was like 2011))
Alright