Solved Fixing failed u10 relocation

So I just relocated the u10 on an un trimmed board. I followed the instructions on the trim guide, and now when I turn on the Wii I see this:
wii board screwed up.jpg
I have the USB drive plugged in, which worked perfectly before.

It appears that I lifted this pad:
u5 spot.png

Additionally, I didn't lift the pads that were shown to be lifted in the guide, and I have bridged them with a glob of solder as shown in the guide. I also made sure with a magnifying glass that the wire on the back of the board was no shorted with anything.

In case it matters, I did not remove the U9, or any of the capacitors surrounding it and the U10.

Is the pad I lifted the problem, and if so, is it possible to tap that line anywhere else? It appears that I can get it from the upper pad of C1, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Here are some pictures of my board for reference:
my u10.jpg my u10 back.jpg

Thanks for that guide link, I got it working. Once I gave it 3.3v it booted up fine. Gonna leave this photo here for other people, since it seemed pretty convenient to grab 3.3v from this capacitor C47 near the memory card port.

u10 working.jpg

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
You could've grabbed from the via to the left of C143, or the other marked places on the trimming guide :P