Question Gamecube as Classic Controller

Ok so I realize that a gamecube cannot physically act as a classic controller. But is there any software that I could install on the wii to make the gamecube controller look like a classic controller to the Wii? Like a software that makes the two triggers and analog sliders the four shoulder buttons and the z button the select button and all the other buttons the same.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
There's a guy working on emulating bluetooth signals with a microcontroller, but that's a ways off being finished.

So it is not feasible in a portable building situation? If so, that is hard to hear. One of my favorite wii games is mw3 and it requires the classic controller.

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
I'm looking at this myself for my Wii project.

So far, without a software solution, this is my plan:

Wire controls to the GC+ board, then wire the GC+ to a switch board that will be connected to the GC printouts on the Wii, and the secondary connections from the switch board will connect to the Wiimote board connector.

By using the switch I can maintain both sets of controls to maximize the compatible game library.

The only thing I'm wondering about is if we can directly wire a Wiimote to the Bluetooth module on the wii, and wire power directly to the Wiimote board.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)

Wire controls to the GC+ board, then wire the GC+ to a switch board that will be connected to the GC printouts on the Wii, and the secondary connections from the switch board will connect to the Wiimote board connector.

By using the switch I can maintain both sets of controls to maximize the compatible game library.

The only thing I'm wondering about is if we can directly wire a Wiimote to the Bluetooth module on the wii, and wire power directly to the Wiimote board.
What Voltage does the BT module use? i believe that the Wiimote uses 3V, or two 1.5V AA batteries, not sure if it is parralel or not.

GC64

Portables

You can wire the wiimote power to the wii just fine using the 3.3v line, though no one has found a solution to wiring the data directly to bluetooth. As some people said above, someone is working on an emulated wiimote that replaces the bluetooth module entirely, but it is still in development stage for the time being so we can't really use it for portables (unless you're an expert in coding and can figure it out by yourself)