Question GC+ 3DS Joystick issue on Wii

I had this working but whenever I moved the joystick in the Y direction the screen flashed and switched through channels and wii games etc.. but the x and diagonal directions would work so I tried to change some GC+ settings and adjust the range and now it just goes so far off the screen the console freezes Is there anyway to reset this?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hold down X+Y+A and then turn on your Wii, this will reset the ranges and the dead zone settings

Sadly that didn't fix it the bottom right of portablizemii has a spinning ornament and it says please wait and it's only when the joystick is connected

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sadly that didn't fix it the bottom right of portablizemii has a spinning ornament and it says please wait and it's only when the joystick is connected
That looks to be a problem related to the C-Stick. Try running the GC Controller Test homebrew and tell me what you get on the C stick signals

Should I use the gc+ to run it because when it's connected I can't select anything on the screen

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Should I use the gc to run it because when it's connected I can't move anything on the screen
Do you actually have a C-Stick wired up to GC+? Because I remember @Gman had a similar problem and it turn out that he had a broken 3DS slider and he had to replace it

That might be my issue when I run the test it says the regular stick is stuck in the down left position and there's not even a stick connected to the gc+

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That might be my issue when I run the test it says the regular stick is stuck in the down left position and there's not even a stick connected to the gc+
That is the problem! You need to have both sticks/sliders connected to the GC+, otherwise it's going to read noise and give random values