Solved GC Controller Cut Points?

GC64

Portables
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the N64 section or the Gamecube section, but I figured it mainly had to do with the GC so whatever. Here I have a gamecube joystick, still on the gamecube controller board, wired to a superpad64:

I will be fitting it back into the superpad's case, so I want to know at which points of the gamecube board I can cut so that I just have the required part for the joystick. If anyone can draw lines or something of the sort that would be great. Thanks

~Deadfult

Luke

Portables
Well the important part is the joystick, not the board that it's on. The only thing that board is accomplishing for you right now is supplying both pots of the joystick with 3.3v and ground. See how one side has 3 wires - 3.3v, data, and ground, and the other side just needs a data wire because the other two pins are connected to their corresponding pins on the original side? I mean, you wired it, so you probably already figured out that much. If you can make these two connections that the board is making for you, you can remove the joystick entirely. Otherwise, just cut as close as possible to save space.

GC64

Portables
Well the important part is the joystick, not the board that it's on. The only thing that board is accomplishing for you right now is supplying both pots of the joystick with 3.3v and ground. See how one side has 3 wires - 3.3v, data, and ground, and the other side just needs a data wire because the other two pins are connected to their corresponding pins on the original side? I mean, you wired it, so you probably already figured out that much. If you can make these two connections that the board is making for you, you can remove the joystick entirely. Otherwise, just cut as close as possible to save space.
I figured that was the case, I just wanted to be sure because in previous mods I've seen, (hailrazer, bacteria) they kept the entire c stick board (though mine was broken in this case). Thanks for the help!