Solved How can i run a full wii without a disk drive out of a battery

ops400

Hello I'm very, very, VERY new to making portables, and I planing to make a wii "laptop", it will be a simple thing with a full size wii mother board without a disk drive. Well the point is I will power the system out of a battery and I don't know what battery to chose to power the wii. And if I can solder the battery positive and negative directly to the positive and negative of the wii without any other added power management system?
Sooooo... What battery I should chose?
Any help will be appreciated:).

Edit reason: some grammatical errors.

Last edited:

ops400

Oh apparently the wii have a power management system built-in on the mother board. Sorry for don't putting this on the main post.

ops400

Ok so where what I found. The wii runs out of 12 volts and 3.7 amps. So in theory the wii can run out of 12 volts and 5 amps. But I still don't know if I can run the wii directly out of the battery without any other power management system. I just don't test already because I don't have a spare wii and the proper battery.
(Oh! remember I'm trying to run a full size wii without a disk dive)
Any help will be appreciated:).

Pablo

Portables
3 - G-Wii, Gamebii, G-Boy
Give a read through this post before doing any wiring, it's likely you'll need some volatage regulation, battery charging, and protection

ops400

Thank you! I will give it a read.

Edit: Dude this post is so detailed ,thank you so much!

Last edited:
Portables
Once I made a "portable wii" like you with a full 6 layered motherboard.
I was playing Smash Brawl, with a 12V screen connected with full brightness and multimeter measured 1.27A max