Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

Check the wiring to the sticks, if there is an issue the sticks can jump around causing some software to appear frozen or broken
Thanks for the reply! Originally I tried to use the FFC cable, but I fucked up the mounts. I left the mounts on and just used individual wires. After your reply, I tried removing the connectors to see if they were causing some issue. These photos look pretty messy still, but I just cleaned the spots with copper solder wick and then a qtip with IPA (there's a few little cotton fibers left on there). Same issue, no controls working.

I've checked each connecting wire for continuity, as well as the blobs connecting to the GC+2.0. I also went in-between each wire to make sure they weren't shorting together anywhere. Everything appears normal there.

When I was in priiloader and the controls were working, I noticed only the D-pad worked for navigation-- at the time, I assumed the left stick just wasn't usable on that menu. Is that indicative of an issue?

Attachments

Rararagi

Thanks for the reply! Originally I tried to use the FFC cable, but I fucked up the mounts. I left the mounts on and just used individual wires. After your reply, I tried removing the connectors to see if they were causing some issue. These photos look pretty messy still, but I just cleaned the spots with copper solder wick and then a qtip with IPA (there's a few little cotton fibers left on there). Same issue, no controls working.

I've checked each connecting wire for continuity, as well as the blobs connecting to the GC+2.0. I also went in-between each wire to make sure they weren't shorting together anywhere. Everything appears normal there.

When I was in priiloader and the controls were working, I noticed only the D-pad worked for navigation-- at the time, I assumed the left stick just wasn't usable on that menu. Is that indicative of an issue?
Looks like some broken traces on photo 2. Try redo these lines.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah the ripped traces might mean the through holes are no longer connected to the GC+, I can't remember if there's any redundant routing in the other side. You'll probably need to repair those traces by soldering a short wire from the GC+ pad to the respective through hole. Also IIRC priiloader doesn't support analog sticks, so face buttons only is indeed normal