Solved Looking for a u10 or u9 + 2 ground pins?

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this post.

My u10 pad is not working so I was advised on the Discord to just do the normal u10 relocation. I tried to get both the u10 and the u9, but one pin came off both. I am wondering if anyone that has an extra trimmed wii could get a u9 or a u10 and send it to me in an envelope or if you just have an extra one. I'll pay for shipping, and I can pay a little more for sending it. Thanks!

I forgot to mention, I do have this u9 that I took off that has the 2 important pins for 3.3v and the wire. However, it only has 2 ground pins (the first pin looks like it is off I might be able to save it though it looks like there is a small part that can be soldered to).

Will it still work with 2 ground pins instrad of 3? Should I test it?

PXL_20230715_022126920.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
How are you removing the U9/10 chips btw? The legs shouldn't break off too easily

How are you removing the U9/10 chips btw? The legs shouldn't break off too easily
I put solder on the legs and went back and forth putting the iron on each side while tilting the wii mobo. It was taking forever so I did put some force into it (thats how the pins came off probably). In the video I watched it worked so much faster than mine for some reason. It's too late now anyways I used all of the u9s and u10s (six sadly :'() and I ordered that part already. I was not being careful because I though I had a ton, but I went through all of them. Now that I know how the u10 works I would have considered just dremeling a part off the motherboard that had the u10 and wiring it from there.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It's possible that either your iron wasn't hot enough, or the solder you're using has too high a melting point for the back and forth method to work properly