Question Making a Wii portable WITHOUT RVLoader

What’s up guys? So, due to my current Wii-owning situation, I am in possession of a Wii that is the perfect candidate for my next portable. However, this is because the Wii is completely functional but will not turn on (if you want to know what happened, here’s the link to the forum where I talk about it), which also means that I can’t install RVLoader. I remember reading in the Wii Trimming Guide that it mentioned a trimmed Wii without soft mods needs custom regulators, WiFi, Bluetooth, and U10 to boot. Is this really true and if so, how hard is it to install these components onto the trim?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Quite difficult. Judging from that thread on how you broke your Wii, I think you'll need to practice your soldering quite a bit to be capable of tackling the BT and Wifi relocations. Buying a new Wii is the better option here

Quite difficult. Judging from that thread on how you broke your Wii, I think you'll need to practice your soldering quite a bit to be capable of tackling the BT and Wifi relocations. Buying a new Wii is the better option here
That’s fair. I have another one lying around somewhere that I should be able to use instead. By the way, I love your videos man. You and Shank were some of my biggest inspirations for making the video about how I broke my other Wii and trying to attempt that project in the first place. All of you YouTube modders were the ones who led me to this hobby (however bad I might be at it :)). Thanks so much.