Question Ordering electronics from Aliexpress?

Portables
none (yet)
Hi guys,
here to ask some questions about ordering electronics.
(for context, i wanna build a wii micro)

So i need to buy resistors, capacitors and PTH08080 regulators. Also some stuff like magnet wire and flux.

1st question: Can I safely order the PTH08080 regulators from aliexpress, or is that too sketchy?
I found that aliexpress sold the regs for more than half the price, but I'm unsure if the quality will be sufficient.
Screenshot 2024-04-28 223306.png

2nd question: are these capacitors any good?
Screenshot 2024-04-28 223241.png

3rd question: What thickness magnet wire is recommended?

4th question: Do I need to buy very specific resistors and if so where can I buy them?
(the regs need specific resistors to output desired voltages, but I could only find resistors with very round numbers of resistance.)
I need 87.2k, 33.8k, 1.89k and 353 Ohms
I guess I could buy one of those 300 packs from aliexpress and wire them in series, but I dont see anyone else doing that in their portables or wii micro's...

Apoligies if these questions are obvious or frequently asked.
Thanks in advance!

Portables
working on No.1
Hi guys,
here to ask some questions about ordering electronics.
(for context, i wanna build a wii micro)

So i need to buy resistors, capacitors and PTH08080 regulators. Also some stuff like magnet wire and flux.

1st question: Can I safely order the PTH08080 regulators from aliexpress, or is that too sketchy?
I found that aliexpress sold the regs for more than half the price, but I'm unsure if the quality will be sufficient.
View attachment 33119

2nd question: are these capacitors any good?
View attachment 33118

3rd question: What thickness magnet wire is recommended?

4th question: Do I need to buy very specific resistors and if so where can I buy them?
(the regs need specific resistors to output desired voltages, but I could only find resistors with very round numbers of resistance.)
I need 87.2k, 33.8k, 1.89k and 353 Ohms
I guess I could buy one of those 300 packs from aliexpress and wire them in series, but I dont see anyone else doing that in their portables or wii micro's...

Apoligies if these questions are obvious or frequently asked.
Thanks in advance!
1st and second questions: don't buy those. buy one of @CrazyGadget 's PSU Plus' instead.

3rd Question: 34 awg

4th question: no. just get the PSU plus Here .

Portables
none (yet)
1st and second questions: don't buy those. buy one of @CrazyGadget 's PSU Plus' instead.

3rd Question: 34 awg

4th question: no. just get the PSU plus Here .
Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure if the PSU plus is something for me.

I would much rather gain some useful experience with relatively cheap parts, than mess up a high quality 50$ board.
It just seems a bit intimidating to me to start soldering with expensive parts, whilst I could just buy inexpensive separate components in bulk.

That way it doesn't matter as much if I make mistakes, as I always have spares and I'm stocked up for future projects.
Maybe the RVL-PSU is an option as its a little cheaper (I've heard), but I don't have a heat-gun available.

Portables
working on No.1
you don't need to worry about breaking it if you take the time to learn to solder properly. the old PTH0808 regs are basically obsolete and are about the same price as the psu plus.
I also am pretty sure that the og Psu also doesn't have a 1.8v reg.

Portables
none (yet)
you don't need to worry about breaking it if you take the time to learn to solder properly. the old PTH0808 regs are basically obsolete and are about the same price as the psu plus.
I also am pretty sure that the og Psu also doesn't have a 1.8v reg.
Alright you've convinced me.
do you have any tips on what type of soldering practice kits I should look for?

Portables
working on No.1
Try this. i personally have never used it, but that's the kind of practice you would want, as it is relatively fine and would come in handy if you ever need to solder IC's

Portables
none (yet)
Try this. i personally have never used it, but that's the kind of practice you would want, as it is relatively fine and would come in handy if you ever need to solder IC's
Thanks for all the help!
I just ordered practice kit with some other materials, but the PSU plus will come back in stock next week so I'll order it then.