OSD Control Board

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
This thread is a mirror of the OSD Control Board GitHub repo. All files are located there.

OSD Control Board
This OSD board is a simple set of logic gates that allow the screen driver boards used in portables to be controlled with button combinations from the built-in controller. This was a first-rev board very early venture into PCB design, so it could definitely use some tweaks like decoupling caps for the logic gates, and the use of a proper ground plane. The board works fine as-is, or you could integrate it into your own design!

Using the Board
LT, RT, Z and S held together trigger the master key which, in combination with the following buttons will trigger the outputs wired to the screen driver board:
  • DU: +
  • DD: -
  • DL: Source
  • DR: Menu
Keep in mind, you can change the master button combination (or any of the other buttons) to better fit to your portable. For example, I like to wire S on the OSD board to Z2 on my GC+ in all my Ashidas, as the original button combination was not ergonomic. Likewise, you can tie multiple inputs together if you want a master combo with less buttons.

1715204428737.png
1715204441916.png
1715204462233.png

Credits
  • BitBuilt: Being the best modding community out there!
  • Gman: Sanity checking
License
Solderpad Hardware License v2.1