Question Power button not working/malfunctioning

Portables
Hi there, I've been doing my best to get a pd and pms to turn on a fan. When I wire a power button, the fan either turns on right away with no ability to turn off(this happens when I wire directly to the legs), or it just can't turn on from the start(happens when I use the button pad on pd and another ground pad). The weird thing is that wiring a power switch can turn it on/off with no problem. I know its on the power button mode though, because I have to flip the switch twice for it to turn off(also pretty sure that the pms ships with momentary mode and not toggle). Continuity seems fine so does anyone have an idea what the issue could be?

Other notes are that the build i'm doing strictly uses a power button and has no cutout for a power switch, and i'm using the pms 1 and original pd.

images-1.jpg

also these are the legs that i wired to when I didn't use the pads

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Take a closer look at the legs you were using. Those are the shielding/support pins for the tact switch, so you were essentially just shorting the button pad to ground, causing it turn on but be impossible to turn off

Take a closer look at the legs you were using. Those are the shielding/support pins for the tact switch, so you were essentially just shorting the button pad to ground, causing it turn on but be impossible to turn off
Hi there, I've been doing my best to get a pd and pms to turn on a fan. When I wire a power button, the fan either turns on right away with no ability to turn off(this happens when I wire directly to the legs), or it just can't turn on from the start(happens when I use the button pad on pd and another ground pad). The weird thing is that wiring a power switch can turn it on/off with no problem. I know its on the power button mode though, because I have to flip the switch twice for it to turn off(also pretty sure that the pms ships with momentary mode and not toggle). Continuity seems fine so does anyone have an idea what the issue could be?

Other notes are that the build i'm doing strictly uses a power button and has no cutout for a power switch, and i'm using the pms 1 and original pd.

View attachment 28677
also these are the legs that i wired to when I didn't use the pads
I've had issues with this before too, use a different switch and wire to legs "1" and "2"

Attachments