Ghosts problem with my custom regulator

hello I have a problem with my pth08080... I have it wired so as to obtain 1v 1.15v 3.3v and 5v by following the guide available on bitbuilt. all works except the 5v. when I power them the 5v causes a short circuit which puts my power supply off so I decide to remove the 5v and I reconnect my 3 other voltages to my wii and everything works my wii starts.
I went to the relocation of the USB but all this gives me problems.. what should I do?? (I tried with 2 different new pth08080s and it did the same thing)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
What input voltage are you using?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
This capacitor is installed incorrectly.

Electrolytic capacitors have a polarity. One leg is positive, the other is negative and must be grounded. You can tell which is which by the presence of a small coloured stripe that is a different colour to the rest of the capacitor. This stripe indicates that the closest leg to it is the negative leg, as shown in the diagram below

You have the polarity correct on the other 3 regs, it's just the 5v one that's backwards. Replace that capacitor with a new one in the correct orientation and the reg should work (if it hasn't been damaged by the heat)

Shank

Staff member
Portables
What is your 5v rail connected to? Did you do a continuity check to see if there is a short? It sound like whatever you are connecting your 5v rail to is shorted

yes and same problem I tried with several different regulators. this luis present in the photo is not very clean and well built (he suffered I know)

Could it be that the problem comes from the 1v 3.3v or 1.15 regulator?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If things only fail when the 5v reg is connected, it's very unlikely that the other regulators are at fault