Worklog PS2 CLASSIC!

Portables
Hello everyone,

In this worklog, I'll be working on a project called the Ps2 classic. As the name indicates, It's going to be a mini version of the PS2 slim, just like the PS classic. It's a project that has been on my mind ever since i saw wesk's Noob Cube.

Im not yet sure about the trim yet, I would like to leave a lot of options on the ps2, like 1 USB slot to transfer files to the FMCB memory card. I'm contemplating on doing a semi advanced trim, with the exception of leaving the Controller/Memorycard ports out. For the back side, I will definitely be leaving the Ethernet port on since im a huge fan of the SMB method, and im deciding on weather or not, to choose an HDMI output, or leave the multi-port as is for wider output compatibility.

Anyways, in the mean time, i made a schematics of the power management system I'm intending to use, I will be integrating the USB C receptacle without the Power delivery functionality. Power delivery is something i've been studying for a long time but i still cant implement it because of my lack of software knowledge(working on it with the help of Udemy).

PMS Schematics.PNG

With the help of Gman's open-source PMS, i came up with this schematics to power up my ps2. After talking to Robertlong, the creator of the N64 Minii, he helped me with the Type C implementation without any chip, by grounding the CC pins with a 5.1k resistor, I'll be able to get 5V 3A. which is fine for this project because of the advanced voltage relocation.(Please someone confirm my Type C receptacle schematics.)

My plan at the moment is to figure out the other features I will be implementing.

Any input would be appreciated.

Portables
A little bit of update.

So lately I've been learning how to implement the Power Delivery(PD) functionality, and i wanted to implement it on this project and see how it goes before i integrate it to my competition entry.

With the help of Jeff and the others in the community, I finally got in the right track with the programming part of the project(if you call it that).

So here's my updated schematics in the type C part for full PD functionality:

Type C PD.PNG

I will be designing the board soon, meanwhile, i will try to program a STUSB4500 board that i will be receiving soon and learn/have fun with it.