Question Running a Wii Micro off 5v???

Hey everyone! Throughout the BitBuilt forums, I've heard rumors here and there about building a Noldendo Wii Micro that is able to run off of 5v, despite both the pre-amp and the sensor bar requiring 12v to properly function. I understand how to bypass the need for the sensor bar's 5v requirement (using either a USB sensor bar or removing some of the IR LED's on the original) but how the heck would you get the pre-amp to work with only 5v? Would you need to use a different video out option on your Wii Micro that's not the original port (for reference, I've ordered an analog2HDMI that I plan to use)? Do you have to perform some wacky surgery using the RVL-Amp from 4 Layer Tech as your audio coder instead? After scavenging all throughout BitBuilt, I have been unable to find any previous post documenting this. If anyone has any information at all to contribute it would be greatly appreciated :)!

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
You can desolder the preamp and bridge its audio inputs and outputs. The only drawback is that the Wii will output much quieter audio, so you'll need to crank up the volume on your TV or receiver.

Check out Jeff's Wii Micro thread for pics of such a preamp bypass.

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any idea how much quieter it is (something like a percentage of volume when comparing it to a stock Wii)?