Question RVL-PMS 2 microcontroller dead (PIC18F26K42) new one detected, but need to flash new firmware

Portables
KiWii Portable (In progress)
Hey guys! I recently killed the PIC18F26K42 IC on my RVL-PMS 2 and recently got a new one, I soldered it, and hooked it up to a PICkit3, I was able to detect it and everything was working, now I just need a firmware to flash, I heard a few things like: "The bootloader is a separate piece of firmware needed to flash."

If anybody has any recommendations, that would be fantastic!

PS, I did contact 4layertech, just waiting on an answer

I do see the firmware on the RVL-PMS page under firmware, if this is the file, I would like to confirm before continuing anything

Any feedback is appreciated
Thanks!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey guys! I recently killed the PIC18F26K42 IC on my RVL-PMS 2 and recently got a new one, I soldered it, and hooked it up to a PICkit3, I was able to detect it and everything was working, now I just need a firmware to flash, I heard a few things like: "The bootloader is a separate piece of firmware needed to flash."

If anybody has any recommendations, that would be fantastic!

PS, I did contact 4layertech, just waiting on an answer

I do see the firmware on the RVL-PMS page under firmware, if this is the file, I would like to confirm before continuing anything

Any feedback is appreciated
Thanks!
The PMS2 is not open source and its firmware is not available to download. How did you kill the MCU?