RVLoader v2.0

I have a problem, I can't play Just Dance because it gives me the error "An error has occurred. Press the eject button." Please help me :(

i have a question,¿
is it posible to use GC2WiiMote while using FakeMote simultaneusly?

Hey, my friend's WiFi stopped working when he installed it, how do you fix that? (I am not an expert on these topics)

Hey, my friend's WiFi stopped working when he installed it, how do you fix that? (I am not an expert on these topics)
He most likely left the "Patch out WiFi" setting to Yes when he installed RVLoader.

You can re-run the installer through the settings menu and set that option to "No", but I don't know if that will completely fix the issue as I don't know exactly how RVLoader bypasses the WiFi stuff to begin with.

Regarding N64 VC games that are inconsistent with booting from RVLoader or just don't work at all, which IOS would be the best to install WADs with using another homebrew app like YAWMM?

Would IOS 249 still be the best option?

Hello everyone

I use google translate because I don't speak English.

I started the wii portable project. After two cutting errors, I finally succeeded the third time (relocation U10, installed rvloader, composite, everything worked well before cutting).

Since cutting, randomly, rvloader remains either frozen on the logo, or dsi error, or succeeds in displaying the games then again dsi error.

I use the Kingston adapter and a Samsung micro SD

Despite reading the 28 pages, I have no clue to correct the problem. What do I have to do?

THANKS

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello everyone

I use google translate because I don't speak English.

I started the wii portable project. After two cutting errors, I finally succeeded the third time (relocation U10, installed rvloader, composite, everything worked well before cutting).

Since cutting, randomly, rvloader remains either frozen on the logo, or dsi error, or succeeds in displaying the games then again dsi error.

I use the Kingston adapter and a Samsung micro SD

Despite reading the 28 pages, I have no clue to correct the problem. What do I have to do?

THANKS
Photos of both sides of the Wii and all of your wiring would be helpful to figure that out. Do you have 2 ground wires going between your Wii and your regulators?

Here are the pictures.
No regulator, powered by another Wii in the meantime.
On the second side, only the U10 relocation wire.
In this configuration, the MSD card and its adapter work well on the Wii which powers the trim.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Here are the pictures.
No regulator, powered by another Wii in the meantime.
On the second side, only the U10 relocation wire.
In this configuration, the MSD card and its adapter work well on the Wii which powers the trim.

View attachment 30522 View attachment 30523 View attachment 30524
You can't properly power a Wii using another Wii, there isn't enough spare current when both are running. Your issues are likely caused by insufficient current flow, and will be resolved when you have proper regulators connected.

Firstly, thank you to you Aurelio for your incredible efforts in this field and this is extended to everyone who's putting their time into this field.
My first portable project could not have ever been a pipe dream if it weren't for yourself.

Just wanted to with some issues I have been having with RVLoader on my Ashida build.
I have noticed some games are acting as if a button is being depressed.
(Now this is my first portable build, so please take this with a grain of salt).

Wii - Mario Kart (the reverse button is being held on) (Have tested this on both PAL and NTSC versions)
GC - 007: Everything or Nothing (Fire weapon is stuck on)
GC - Burnout 2 (Horn is stuck on)

Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issues, but wanted to note them down.

Cheers,

EDIT and update: The issues I was facing with these games are not RVLoader related at all. It was a wiring issue in my Ashida and after rectifying these games are working perfectly.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Firstly, thank you to you Aurelio for your incredible efforts in this field and this is extended to everyone who's putting their time into this field.
My first portable project could not have ever been a pipe dream if it weren't for yourself.

Just wanted to with some issues I have been having with RVLoader on my Ashida build.
I have noticed some games are acting as if a button is being depressed.
(Now this is my first portable build, so please take this with a grain of salt).

Wii - Mario Kart (the reverse button is being held on) (Have tested this on both PAL and NTSC versions)
GC - 007: Everything or Nothing (Fire weapon is stuck on)
GC - Burnout 2 (Horn is stuck on)

Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issues, but wanted to note them down.

Cheers,
Thanks for reporting. This is kind of a known issue, I am working on a patch

Thanks for reporting. This is kind of a known issue, I am working on a patch
You're a legend, thank you.

One suggestion, or more of a query...
Is it possible to set all the games across my Wii library to default GC2Wiimote, as opposed to manually selecting it for each game?
If it is possible, would this then allow me to set a default button map?
(May be showing my ignorance here, but thought it worth an ask).

Cheers,

You can't properly power a Wii using another Wii, there isn't enough spare current when both are running. Your issues are likely caused by insufficient current flow, and will be resolved when you have proper regulators connected.
Hello.
It's alright It works. I made regulators based on PTH08080 (2.25A)
and RVloader is displayed normally.
Thank you for the help provided.

Capture d'écran 2023-11-16 111959.png

Hello great author!
May I ask if you could briefly explain how to bypass the disc drive calls?
Would you consider porting this feature to vwii?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello great author!
May I ask if you could briefly explain how to bypass the disc drive calls?
Would you consider porting this feature to vwii?
Hard to explain briefly. RVLoader implements a full IOS DI replacement module through Hiidra (https://wiibrew.org/wiki//dev/di). It's nothing new, neek does the same. D2X IOSes only patch few calls, only those needed to grab data from wbfs files

abbell

Hey there,

I'm a new member to BitBuilt. I am considering making a portable, and after watching tutorials, RVLoader seems like the best (and probably the only) option. However, I am still a bit confused by the "patch out wifi" option in the RVLoader install. I understand that this tricks the Wii into running without the wifi module, but I was wondering, is it possible to reinstall the wifi module with full functionality even if you patch out wifi? I would plan on using my portable for online play occasionally if possible, but I also might change my mind about reinstalling the module because it's just one more thing that can go wrong.

I am really impressed with this community and I hope it continues to grow in the future and that I can be a part of it!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey there,

I'm a new member to BitBuilt. I am considering making a portable, and after watching tutorials, RVLoader seems like the best (and probably the only) option. However, I am still a bit confused by the "patch out wifi" option in the RVLoader install. I understand that this tricks the Wii into running without the wifi module, but I was wondering, is it possible to reinstall the wifi module with full functionality even if you patch out wifi? I would plan on using my portable for online play occasionally if possible, but I also might change my mind about reinstalling the module because it's just one more thing that can go wrong.

I am really impressed with this community and I hope it continues to grow in the future and that I can be a part of it!
Welcome to BitBuilt! WiFi can be re-enabled on a per-game basis even if you had previously patched it out. This is the safest way because even if the WiFi module stops working for whatever reason (like a loose connection), the system would still boot

Bober

Quick question my friend was building a Wii portable but quit. He already trimmed the Wii and he says he patched out the wifi module with RVloader. Though he says he doesn't think it'll work since he lost the usb drive with RVloader. Is this true will the Wii unpatch itself without the original USB drive. Dumb question I know but I just wanna know before I go through the hassle of making it.