Solved Screen blurry with sound?

Hello i have been working on a wii laptop and i have connected the screen and a small audio amplifier. While playing games if i put the volume too high the screen starts to get fuzzy. Any clues to fix this?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Hello i have been working on a wii laptop and i have connected the screen and a small audio amplifier. While playing games if i put the volume too high the screen starts to get fuzzy. Any clues to fix this?
There could be a number of things that cause this. Batteries might not be able to supply enough power, audio could be causing interference with video signal, or a number of other things. Some specific information would be helpful in determining what is wrong. Pictures help the most as we can see exactly how everything is hooked up. We may also ask for other things such as screen model, power draw, battery type, voltage of different components, to help determine what is wrong.

Im still using the wall power for the Wii. I am new to this so sorry if i don't seem as educated as you guys. pictures will be posted in a bit.

Audio amp - Top-cofrLD Ultra Small PAM8403 5V Car Audio Amplifier Mini Power Amplifiers Digital Motorcycle Ampli Board Support USB Power 2 Channel Stereo Amp 3W+3W for Portable Speaker Headphones Headset (amazon)
Screen - http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/screen-pinouts-and-other-info.34/

Luke

Portables
I'm assuming you're powering everything with their original powers supplies, Wii with Wii power brick, amp with USB (or something else??), and screen with the power supply it came with?

How bad is the fuzziness? Does it correlate with the audio (does it vary, depending on how loud the audio gets at certain times)?

My money is on the wires not being shielded, like Aurelio has mentioned.

Do they sell them at radio shack and do i use them for only the composite and left and right audio or for all the cables?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
The soldering looks a little iffy on the composite wire, make sure it's not touching anything.

The best sheilded wire I've ever used come straight from Nintendo AV cables, so if you have a spare official one, use that.

The composite isn't touching anything and I have an extra av cable. Should I also shield the audio L and R or just composite. Thanks for all the responses

Shank

Staff member
Portables
You should certainly shield the Left and Right audio before it goes into the audio amplifier: any noise it picks up before the amp is amplified. After the amp, its better to shield the wire than not to, but isn't as important as before the amp.

All video lines should be shielded as well.

I second using Wii or other nintendo AV cables as shielded wire.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
It's also good to use for power going into stuff like the screen, amp, etc.

I have used shielded wires for all the wires and the screen is fuzzy. My bet is that the board inst supplying enough power. The video doesn't show the fuzziness very well but it is there.

Video -

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
You used them incorrectly. You have connected only the inner wire, you have to connect also the external metal shielding to ground (on both side of the cable if possible)