sdouyoulink Site logs

After trimming the Wii, how much current is needed for each channel to start?

I want to continue using the boot function on the Wii motherboard, what should I port

It's just that the MX chip doesn't manage the boot of the Wii, and I want to transplant it to the handheld

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I am still confused as to what you're asking. When a Wii is trimmed, the MX chip is no longer able to control the power state of the Wii due to the 3.3v standby line being cut and unused. You can relocate the MX chip for the font data and real time clock functionality, but restoring the original Wii power button behaviour isn't possible as far as I know. Once a Wii is trimmed, it will always turn on when voltage is supplied.

I am still confused as to what you're asking. When a Wii is trimmed, the MX chip is no longer able to control the power state of the Wii due to the 3.3v standby line being cut and unused. You can relocate the MX chip for the font data and real time clock functionality, but restoring the original Wii power button behaviour isn't possible as far as I know. Once a Wii is trimmed, it will always turn on when voltage is supplied.
Can I control the boot of the wii by controlling the U10 on/off

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
No. The Wii turns on and consumes power when voltage is supplied by the regulators even if the U10 signal is not present. If you want to control the Wii's power state, you'll have to put a power switch between the batteries and the regulators (this is assuming that you aren't using a regulator solution that already has a power button, like the RVL-PMS)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It could be corrupt files, could be that you made a mistake during installation

Why did I choose RVLoader v1.6 in the homebrew channel interface, it only shows a black screen

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
RVLoader can be reinstalled at any time if the system is able to boot

I'm a little puzzled with all of the questions that sound a little unnecessary? What exactly are you looking to do?