Question Shoulder button not functioning properly

Portables
My dual tact left trigger is kinda confusing me right now. The digital press just doesn’t work for some reason. I’ve checked continuity from the literal button to the controller board. Everything seems fine and should work, but it doesn’t. I’ve tested with different types of wire and even confirmed ground and the data pad was shorted only when pressed. I also cleaned the boards. Do you guys think the multimeter could have given me misinformation, and/or should I make my joints better? I’m legitimately confused, but maybe I just missed something. Any help is much appreciated.
IMG_1637.jpeg
IMG_1638.jpeg

PS: these pictures were from the last attempt at getting the digital press to register. I know they look kinda messy, but I got the same result on every other attempt.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Did you ensure the correct orientation of the button when installing it? It can go on 2 ways, but only 1 is correct. I had to beep out the buttons with a multimeter to figure out which orientation was correct.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Did you check the trigger behaviour setting for the GC+? I think it's meant to default to digital, but it's worth a check.

Also pics of the other side of the board pls