Question U10 problems

J4V0

Hello everyone, I hope you are well, I am starting in this world of wii trimming and I have a problem repositioning the u10, I did everything as mentioned in the guide and when I turn on the wii it sends me a video for 5 seconds and then the The image is distorted and you only see lines on the screen, this means that u10 is failing or it is another type of problem with the board?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
We'll need clear photos of your wiring to attempt to diagnose this

Can you share a picture of your setup? Sounds like something may be shorting.

I haven't cut out the board yet, and these are the best photos I took of u10, you guys need photos of the entire board?
Hard to tell exactly, but it looks like you've scratched through the trace in the second photo. Can you test for continuity from the point the wire is soldered to further up the trace?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It's also worth checking that the 3.3v input leg and the ground legs have continuity to their respective feeds. Sometimes The Blob can crack the lines and break connection

J4V0

Hard to tell exactly, but it looks like you've scratched through the trace in the second photo. Can you test for continuity from the point the wire is soldered to further up the trace?
Hello, notice that and check the continuity and yes it has continuity, and I measured around to see if it was shorted and no nearby point has continuity

J4V0

It's also worth checking that the 3.3v input leg and the ground legs have continuity to their respective feeds. Sometimes The Blob can crack the lines and break connection
I already checked the lines around 3.3v and they all seem fine, what I noticed is that when measuring the 3.3v line with the u10 ground lines to check if it is shorted it gives me a resistance of 386.6 ohm, that's it normal?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I already checked the lines around 3.3v and they all seem fine, what I noticed is that when measuring the 3.3v line with the u10 ground lines to check if it is shorted it gives me a resistance of 386.6 ohm, that's it normal?
Probably. I don't know the average 3.3v resistance to GND of an untrimmed board, but anything above 25-30ohms is typically fine for a trimmed board

J4V0

Probably. I don't know the average 3.3v resistance to GND of an untrimmed board, but anything above 25-30ohms is typically fine for a trimmed board
ok, well, I will continue investigating and testing to see if I can make it work, thank you very much for the help