U10 Relo, Cut Trace?

Hello again! So I trimmed my mobo and did the U10 relocation and removed the LDO. My question is though, it doesn't mention it explicitly in the Wii basic trimming guide for the G-Boy, but in the Definitive Wii Trimming guide (and the image that the Wii basic trimming guide refers to), it mentions cutting the trace from the pad (the upper right of that U5 position) that the U10 pin that gets soldered to the GPU pin is soldered onto (image here). Is this a necessary step? And if so, thoughts as to what's the best way/best position to cut the trace? Want to clarify before I do something I can't take back so easily :D. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Noah

retired
Portables
No, it's not needed after the board is trimmed. Cutting the trace is only needed if you relocate U10 BEFORE trimming. Otherwise there is no need, hence the reason for it being absent from the manual.

No, it's not needed after the board is trimmed. Cutting the trace is only needed if you relocate U10 BEFORE trimming. Otherwise there is no need, hence the reason for it being absent from the manual.
Ahhhhhh good to know! Thanks for the clarification Noah!