Wii Portable Commision

EDITED: I will not be doing commissions right now, but I may edit this post in the future if I decide to start commissioning.

Last edited:

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
Hi everyone. I've gotten into the portablizing hobby for about a year now and I have made my own design and an Ashida. I'm now interested in doing commissions for a Wii portable. Right now, I'm just interested in doing an Ashida.

You can pick what 3d printed material from PCBWay or JLCPCB.

I'm looking for 800-900 dollars and I can ship to any country you are in.

You can contact me on Bitbuilt or Discord (@icysystem) if you are interested or if you have any questions. Thanks!
I hate to be a negative nancy, but while your contributions are appreciated, I do not believe you are ready to start accepting commissions for something like this. Allow me to explain why.

Firstly, according to CrazyGadget, you've have had to have him trim and prewire 2 trims for your existing builds, and I haven't seen you perform any other builds that demonstrate an understanding of the Wii hardware & the level of craftsmanship that is demanded by people seeking commissions, especially at the price point you're looking for.

Looking at your custom design as well, while it was a neat first project, I'll have to be honest and say that given the pictures you have in your worklog, the internal wiring is very messy and not at all up to par for commission work.

PXL_20230908_110907497.jpg

For contrast, heres an example from CrazyGadget, someone with a ton of experience under their belt doing commissions. This is the level of craftsmanship that is demanded by people looking to purchase a portable from this scene.

20220417_002121.jpg

Also, another example from SparkleBear, from one of his for-sale threads.

8421E2F2-5AFE-4546-9F52-58A0C06F63F5.jpeg

I want you to understand that I'm not at all trying to gatekeep you from the commission game, but I want to make it clear that I do not think you are at all ready to pursue this, and I cannot recommend you to others for your services until you can prove yourself further. Two builds under your belt may seem like a lot, but given the quality of those two builds, and the grand scheme of the scene as a whole and against those that actively perform commissions, it's not enough to prove yourself as someone trustworthy to provide a quality end product to a consumer.

To recap, please consider spending more time honing your craft before considering commissions. Plus, it's way more fun doing builds for yourself rather at the demand of others, trust me! :D

I hate to be a negative nancy, but while your contributions are appreciated, I do not believe you are ready to start accepting commissions for something like this. Allow me to explain why.

Firstly, according to CrazyGadget, you've have had to have him trim and prewire 2 trims for your existing builds, and I haven't seen you perform any other builds that demonstrate an understanding of the Wii hardware & the level of craftsmanship that is demanded by people seeking commissions, especially at the price point you're looking for.

Looking at your custom design as well, while it was a neat first project, I'll have to be honest and say that given the pictures you have in your worklog, the internal wiring is very messy and not at all up to par for commission work.

View attachment 32224

For contrast, heres an example from CrazyGadget, someone with a ton of experience under their belt doing commissions. This is the level of craftsmanship that is demanded by people looking to purchase a portable from this scene.

View attachment 32225

Also, another example from SparkleBear, from one of his for-sale threads.

View attachment 32226

I want you to understand that I'm not at all trying to gatekeep you from the commission game, but I want to make it clear that I do not think you are at all ready to pursue this, and I cannot recommend you to others for your services until you can prove yourself further. Two builds under your belt may seem like a lot, but given the quality of those two builds, and the grand scheme of the scene as a whole and against those that actively perform commissions, it's not enough to prove yourself as someone trustworthy to provide a quality end product to a consumer.

To recap, please consider spending more time honing your craft before considering commissions. Plus, it's way more fun doing builds for yourself rather at the demand of others, trust me! :D
I appreciate the time you spent to look over this and give me advice. I really should be sure of myself before commissioning something considering the high price of Wii portables.

I do want to say that I have improved a lot from the messy first build. I am positive I would never sell the WiiCube; I don't trust it enough to sell it, the wiring was really bad, and I never intended to sell it because of that. I really don't want to be argumentative as well, but CrazyGadget didn't trim and wire 2 boards. I trimmed it myself and he wired (one board). He was also helpful with answering a lot of my questions.

Anyways I probably will just be working on improving more and not commissioning yet, but selling a completed Ashida that I think is stable enough. Thanks for helping me come to a decision.