Model Wii2GC Power Plug

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
If you're anything like me you probably have 50 Wii power bricks laying around and zero GC power bricks. So I designed a 3D printable plug that can be used to convert the Wii brick for use with a Gamecube.

1704192037996.png

1704192066259.png
1704192327190.png

Just insert the prongs with the correct polarity (12v on the curved side) and use hot glue or something to seal it shut.

Provided are the STEP and STL files.

Attachments

thanks its great work

ist possible to adapt the wii console male jack into the other side so we don't have to destroy a wii power jack. it will be like an adapter/converter from wii to gc plug

1704192066259.png

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
thanks its great work

ist possible to adapt the wii console male jack into the other side so we don't have to destroy a wii power jack. it will be like an adapter/converter from wii to gc plug

View attachment 31485
It's possible but not in the scope of this project. Feel free to use my files to adapt your own design though.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
thanks its great work

View attachment 31485
You can, but you need to take into account that the pinouts of the Wii and Gamecube sockets are inverted. On the Gamecube the positive pin is on the rounded side and the negative pin is on the squared side, whereas on the Wii the positive pin is on the squared side and the negative pin is on the notched side. To make a Wii plug fit into a Gamecube socket you'd have to file down the square side of the Wii plug until it fits into the Gamecube socket. You may also have to file down the other sides a little bit to get it to fit as the overall dimensions of the power plugs are a bit different between the GC and Wii.

Attachments