Question Will my Wii short?

So, when I was trimming my Wii, I accidentaly slipped with my Dremel and scratched my Wii up a little there. Is this bad? Can I still fix it?
1000013223.jpg
1000013225.jpg
1000013224.jpg

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Portables
3 Trims, 1 Portable, 2 Tabletop
I think you should use a microscope to inspect that zone

I did the same on my first trim, but sanding that zone a little bit fixed the issue
Just need to try to sand to diagonally separate the layers and prevent shorts

I don't see any important signal in the top layer at that zone

Swooshes like that definitely make for a possibility between shorting of multiple layers, best thing you can do right now is check your resistances as per this guide:

I'd also recommend using a dry toothbrush to clean up the board a bit, then use some IPA and a paper towel to finish it off.
So, I've cleaned it with a toothbrush and then alcohol next, and tested the resistances. The resistances are just a bit lower than what they should be. Is this bad?

Portables
3 Trims, 1 Portable, 2 Tabletop
So, I've cleaned it with a toothbrush and then alcohol next, and tested the resistances. The resistances are just a bit lower than what they should be. Is this bad?
In my 3 trims, the resistance values were different than the values on the post, even I saw two different values between 2 trims of the same board revision.

Just make sure they're not shorted or too close to it and try wiring voltages and video to test it

Here's a comparison:
'1.png

2.png

RVK-CPU-01.jpg

Last edited: