Wolfs Gray G-Boy

Portables
Hey everyone I finally got around to doing a Wii portable, this turned out pretty good and it was a lot easier than I initially thought it would be!

I had a few issues during assembly but fixed them all, the biggest of which was simply USB Compatibility, I owe that fix to the great folks over at 4LayerTech the PD3 is a game changer.

Another issue I had was with the screen, it would show tinted all green. I'm not really sure what fixed that although I'm sure it was just my VGA wiring because after redoing it several times I finally was able to get it working. (Maybe it was when I reseated the LCD ribbon cable too? I really don't know).

I also had an issue with my L&R triggers that ended up being some faulty dual action tact switches, I feel like I may have gotten too much flux near them and it seemed into them and disrupted the connection? Whatever the case swapping them with a fresh set fixed that. Thank you Yvetalgriffin!

Finally the last issue I had was getting charge and play to work, honestly it just ended up being my settings, make sure you set those right!

Picture time:
IMG_20240409_175927435_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240409_175829739_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240325_111634331.jpg

IMG_20240407_122937461.jpg

IMG_20240409_175531660.jpg

I feel like I did pretty good this time with wire management.

Self plug:
There are so many people to thank for helping me with this build as well as just designing it and refreshing it to be 4LayerTech friendly. Gman, Aurelio, Dustin, Curtis, Wesk, CrazyGadget, Supertazon, Y2K and so many more im probably forgetting. I hold you all in high regard!