Search results

1. Soak_n_fused

4th Ashida complete!

This is a build for a close friend of mine that brought me great memories of SSBM/SSBU while I served in a student status at the US Naval Submarine school. This build only features the optional MX Chip relocation but I felt like I did an okay job relocating it without covering up any essential...
  2. Soak_n_fused

Question USB Corruption and RVLoader issue

Due to some reason my USB got corrupted (I think it was probably bad connections between the trim and the PMS-PD) and my Ashida would no longer boot. After correcting my USB connections, by twisting more tightly, reducing length, and cleaning solder joints, I attempted to reboot with nothing...
  3. Soak_n_fused

Question MX Chip Relocation in Ashida

Getting ready to relocate the MX chip into my completed Ashida just so I can play VC games, but I was questioning whether or not I needed to remove the U10 from it before relocating it into the Ashida or if it's completely fine to leave on. Thanks in advance for any help, Soak_n_fused
  4. Soak_n_fused

Question Charge Settings in RVLoader

Regarding the charge settings in RVLoader, I was just wondering what optimal settings would be for each of these to maximize charge time and life of the console? I'm not an electrical engineer and I don't want to overload the wiring and PCBs by setting things too high. Currently I have...
  5. Soak_n_fused

Question [FIXED] Issues with losing controller input in Tales of Symphonia

[EDIT]Turns out after some small research Nintendont has varying degrees of success with nkit.iso formats, so converting the games to full image ISOs seemed to have worked for me. Hey all, for some reason I sometimes lose all controller input in Tales of Symphonia. Controls work completely fine...
  6. Soak_n_fused

Question Working Wii trim continuity issues

Ok so I recently just completed my first Wii portable and it worked, but had some small stuff to try to fix. Went back into it to properly connect the red line for VGA and troubleshoot why audio was not working, but now I have this issue where I have continuity between 1.8v and ground as well...
  7. Soak_n_fused

Question 1st portable Wii complete!!

Ok, so I just finished my first Wii portable, but not after (possibly) ruining another Wii in the process. Hopefully I can go back to the first board and patch it up. A couple things that I'd like some help with: 1) The heatspreaders linked in the Ashida BOM don't sit nicely against the wii...
  8. Soak_n_fused

Question Trimmed Wii resistances

So I followed the Nold's Wii trim resistances "guide" and verified that all my resistances were the same or very close, and they were. Though after soldering everything up to test the motherboard booting the fan connected to my PMS Lite would spin for a few seconds and everything shut off. Now...
  9. Soak_n_fused

Question Help with driver board

Ok so I'm building an Ashida and I'm having a video issue, but I think that's due to me not patching in VGA when I installed RVLoader, I was wondering if anyone knows how to switch the display over to composite so I can see if everything is wired correctly. I bought the 5" IPS display and driver...
  10. Soak_n_fused

Question First trim gone wrong?

Was trimming my first wii and my dremel danced a little too much and I scratched part of the board on the inside of my guidelines. Was wondering if my wii is dead or if I still have a chance of it working??