Search results

1. thedrew

Worklog N64 Micro

I've been tinkering with the N64 on and off for a few months, think I'll start a worklog. Not sure what will come out of this, but hopefully a portable or maybe something that could help others. I've really enjoyed motherboard redesigns, a nice engineering puzzle for soothing the mind. So...
  2. thedrew

PriiMiium V1

I was itching for a project not too complicated when I came across my old prototype that needed some TLC with a broken shell and many parts removed from it for other projects. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/priimiium.3699/ Technically just needed a new shell and a new...
  3. thedrew

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] UltraLite

Wasn't planning on entering until I stumbled across something (which you will find out later) that gave me the idea and motivation for this project to enter. I plan on having all the bells and whistles that one would expect in 2023. Just started this yesterday, not much to show yet but more...
  4. thedrew

Worklog VS2 Worklog

Maybe too early in the process to start a worklog, but what the heck... Taking a break from my Wii board redesign since it is a bit overwhelming at times, and started focusing back on the PS2. My previous PS2 portable works great but like anything, the more you use it, the more you find things...
  5. thedrew

Worklog Project M

So I guess we're all redesigning motherboards now lol. With the current 3 or so worklogs of reverse engineering of the Wii/PS2 motherboards, I felt inspired. After completing a few portables of my own now, I wanted a challenge for myself to push my growth as a hobbyist. I'm an Eagle user with...
  6. thedrew

Wii-C

The Wii-C was intended to not be too complicated and to use some old parts I had laying around. It is complete and fully functional. Specs: - 5" 4:3 via VGA from custom relocated AVE Board - Digital Audio & Bluetooth Audio for Headphones - 10,000mah Lipos for 3.5 Hour Battery Life - Dual Z...
  7. thedrew

Worklog Wii-C

After finishing the PS2P, the case felt pretty comfortable compared to all the other small portables I have built. I decided to use the same case and modify the internals for a Wii instead. I am calling this the Wii-C (C standing for Comfort). The goal of this portable was to not go all crazy...
  8. thedrew

PS2P

This took 2 years but finally complete. This is my 1st PS2 Portable and it was definitely a challenge. Specs: - SLS Printed - 640x480 LCD connected via VGA - LCD Brightness and Screen Controls - USB C PD Charging and Battery Status LED - Micro SD Card Slot - Free McBoot - Bluetooth Audio - i2s...
  9. thedrew

Worklog Pi-Xel

A few months back, I was thinking of my childhood and impulsively purchased a Retroid Pocket 2 for nostalgia after seeing all of the good reviews. To be honest, I was disappointed and has been in a drawer ever since. It's a bit of a learning process for me as I don't know much about the pi and...
  10. thedrew

Worklog Niintendo Pocket

Currently working on 2 Wii portables, but you can never have too many right? This ambitious tiny but mighty boy will require an AVE relocation, Nand relocation, and custom PCBs in order for me to obtain the small form factor. The goal here is to have something very pocketable. I'm still...
  11. thedrew

Worklog PriiMiium

Portables are hard work, expensive, and time consuming. So I thought, "Do I really want to put myself through this again and make another portable?" The answer is yes. Features: - 5" IPS 800x480 LCD via Aurelio's Direct Drive - Wii PMSv2 - GC+2.0 and U-Amp integrated on custom controller...
  12. thedrew

Aran Wii Mini

After a month of recreating the Aran Wii to fit a 4.3" IPS screen instead of a 5", the Aran Wii Mini is born! This design is heavily influenced off of @Wesk 's original Aran Wii design in which he was kind enough to give me the permission to recreate since the design is not open source yet...
  13. thedrew

WTB Eyoyo screen or screen board

Hey guys, looking to buy preferably the board only but if it's with the screen then that will work too. If anybody has it here that would be great! Even if it's a dead board I still think that will work for me.
  14. thedrew

WTB Eyoyo Screen Board

Hey guys, looking to buy the board only, I have the LCD. I could buy it from china but the shipping time... and if anybody has it here that would be great! Even if it's a dead board I still think that will work.
  15. thedrew

Worklog PS²

Hello forums! I need a break from the Wii portable I'm working on, so of course to distract myself I just started working on another portable lol I'm calling this project the PS² since it is a perfect square of 110mm x 110mm. Current features: - 4.3" IPS 800x480 display using component -...
  16. thedrew

Worklog WiiPlay!™

I've always found the PSP a very comfortable size and format, so this portable will be roughly of the same size, just a little thicker. Originally, I modeled the design identical to the PSP faceplate, but found it a little difficult to fit all the parts, so now the design is more of a mini...
  17. thedrew

Question Charge and Play Circuit

Hey guys! I have designed a regulator PCB board for the Wii: It works great and is actually quite small at just 24.6 x 20.5 mm and I used SOT-23-5 chips so it would be easier to solder than QFN since my attempt at the PowerMii Lite was a failure... Anyway, back to the point. I'm looking...
  18. thedrew

Solved RVK-01 Issues

Hey guys, I purchased a Wii that happened to be an RVK motherboard. Softmodding it was impossible and it threw me every error code in the book practically and it would not install PortablizeMii. Just picked up another Wii, also happens to be an RVK unfortunately, and I have the same issues...
  19. thedrew

Case Design Issue...What Am I doing Wrong?

Hey guys, I'm a newb with 3D modeling and just started out trying to model a case for my second portable however I seem to have run into an issue or maybe it's just me. I'm using FreeCAD for Mac and this is what the case looks like in FreeCAD: But when I export the file to an STL it looks like...
  20. thedrew

Portable Wii (No Name Yet)

Hey guys, finally finished my first portable whoop whoop. I just need a fan grill overall, I'm happy with it. Casework is eh, paint didn't exactly work out well on the back and the button cuts are not great and had to make a last minute change for the fan, hence the hole in the back of the case...