Search results

1. Madmorda

Box o Buttons (misc resin cast buttons)

Hello! I am selling a box of "extras" from my time making resin cast buttons for various consoles. This box includes a bunch of random buttons in random colors in random qualities and quantities. What you see is what you get! Asking $100 total for everything pictured, including the box (shipping...
  2. Madmorda

Silicone Molds for resin casting buttons

Hello! I am taking a break from resin casting for a little bit, and figured I would offer up some of my molds in case anyone is interested. These molds were made with Alumilite, and were almost all cured in a pressure pot (maybe 2-3 individual pieces were not). I have listed individual prices...
  3. Madmorda

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Playskool64 (name pending)

Hello friends! It's been a while since I've posted any of my projects, but I've decided to enter in this year's building contest with a project idea I've been toying with for a while. First, to explain! I joined the modding scene right at the end of the Modretro days, when projects were held...
  4. Madmorda

WTB Wode Jukebox modchip

Hello everyone! I'm on the lookout for a WODE Jukebox modchip for the wii. It can be with or without the shell, with or without the LCD. However it must be functional :) DM with a price and condition if you have one. Thanks!
  5. Madmorda

Worklog Madmorda's WiiBA

I'm a little late to start my worklog, but I hope to actually finish my entry this year! I'm building something I've been wanting to build for a long time: a Gameboy Advance shaped Wii portable. My main idea here is to try and keep both the size and the shape accurate to the original GBA without...
  6. Madmorda

WTS Resin Cast Custom Buttons and Joysticks

Hello all! I've been resin casting buttons almost daily for the last year, and I'm selling off some of my old stock. All of these buttons will need some kind of work before they can be installed. This might be as simple as gently running a knife around the edges to clean them up, or it may...
  7. Madmorda

Worklog A Better Playstation Classic

I recently picked up a Playstation Classic and fell in love with the tiny case. I checked out the ps1 motherboard and decided that it would be difficult to fit without some serious rewiring, so I deliberated between the PSP and the ps2 since an advanced trim ps2 motherboard would fit...
  8. Madmorda

Miinx (Wii Portable in an Atari Lynx)

I will be entering an Atari Lynx II for my contest project. I've been wanting to build a Wii into one of these for a LONG time. Goals so far: Gamecube buttons and joysticks Keep the center piece for aesthetic purposes, GC-Lynx style 5" LCD (probably component) Lots of battery life No last...
  9. Madmorda

Secret Santa 2019 Gifts!

Received your secret santa gift and are ready to share with the world? Post it here! Feel free to open it upon arrival since some people have crazy Christmas schedules.
  10. Madmorda

Wavebird Inside A Wired Gamecube Controller

I had a day off school the other day and decided to spend it on the first of many wavebird related projects. This is a lightly trimmed wavebird that I fit inside of a standard GCC shell. The battery is a PowerA 2.4v rechargeable battery pack for the Xbox One controller, and fits perfectly in...
  11. Madmorda

Guide Commonly Used Diagrams and Pinouts

I'm not really sure where to put this, but I made a cheat sheet of helpful info so that I could stop looking these up every few weeks. I hope others find it useful as well :)
  12. Madmorda

Guide Resin Casting / Molding Buttons

Making your own buttons has a particular appeal to those of us in the portablizing community because it allows for more versatility when deciding on a color scheme. Why settle for colors Nintendo made when you can create your very own? Things you'll need: Oomoo 30 Silicone - $25-30 Art 'N Glow...
  13. Madmorda

The Gearshift Contest Entry

The Gearshift is meant to be a universal portable, allowing you to play just about any console on a handheld. It uses a wireless AV transmitter and receiver pair to send audio and composite video to the handheld from a home console. It features an integrated wireless ps2 controller and 5 inch...
  14. Madmorda

Gamecube Themed Joycons

Just finished these puppies up this morning :D The face buttons are laser etched and resin cast, not painted, and the joystick caps are from a Gamecube controller. Here's my video on them. If you want to do your own joysticks, here's how I did mine. The silicon on the left joystick fits...
  15. Madmorda

SOLD - WTS Custom Molded Buttons

Hey guys! As some of you know, I've started playing around with resin casting. I've decided to sell some of my completed sets since they're piling up, but I have a lot more not pictured if you're interested in (for example) ds abxy buttons without a dpad, or buttons with small imperfections...
  16. Madmorda

Worklog World's Smallest Gamecube

Okay, okay, it's not really a Gamecube, it's a wii. The idea of having a mini Gamecube has been around for quite a while, and once I even went so far as to see how small a gc motherboard could be while keeping it to scale. Obviously I'm glad I didn't make it because I discovered this wonderful...
  17. Madmorda

Worklog The Gearshift (Completed)

I know I'm a bit late entering the contest, as I've been a bit short on ideas this summer. However, I believe I finally have something worth building, so hopefully I'll be able to finish within a few weeks. The idea behind this project is to have a "portable" with a screen, wireless controller...
  18. Madmorda

Worklog Custom Molded Buttons

Hey guys! It's finally time to start a worklog for this project as I finally know it's 100% doable. As some of you may know, I recently began playing with silicon molds. So far, I have made molds for a few different types of buttons, but the ones I'm most excited about are my 3ds buttons. I have...
  19. Madmorda

Custom GameCube Jewel

Hey guys! I've had this project in mind for quite some time, and finally got around to doing it. A while back, I discovered that the black jewel on top of the 001 model Gamecube is actually two pieces of plastic glued together. After separating them, I had the idea to replace the "Nintendo...
  20. Madmorda

Model Hoenn Region National Pokedex Gameboy

These are the files for the Hoenn Region National Pokedex that I am building for the Hack Like Heck contest. I am using this to house a Raspberry Pi 3 with a 3.5" screen, but I have intentionally left out any screwposts for the pi and used very generic parts for all of the ports. The idea behind...