Search results

1. dev0range

Ripped Solder Pad on Display Board at C147, Am I Hosed?

@Gman @Wesk tried VGA from a laptop I have, but was just getting a white screen. Looked in it's display preferences and 800x600 was the lowest selectable resolution there so figured that was the problem. Did more digging, found my Wii composite cable, plugged in a different Wii and bingo...
  2. dev0range

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi! Name is Devin, go by dev0range most places. Shank's G-Boy promo vid sold me on buying a G-Boy; had been wanting to do a sort of "level up" mod or electronics project and the G-Boy checked every box in terms of what I wanted to try and my interests. Hope to finish this G-Boy and look for...
  3. dev0range

Tried plugging in an SNES and an N64 into the composite video through the included wire harness. Didn't get anything to show on the display from either. Pressing the source button just makes the backlight flicker once just like when it first powers on. Figured that means either: a) even though...
  4. dev0range

Gotcha. I'll begin wiring up the trimmed Wii mobo tomorrow. Question though, could I use the included composite adapter to plug a composite video signal in to test it? Thanks for your help!!!!!!
  5. dev0range

@Wesk I think that pretty much did the trick re: that cap. Included a pic. LCD backlight still just flickers once when I turn the machine on but when I power down, the LCD panel has that... how to describe... that sort of power down wave look made by the liquid crystals losing charge when a...
  6. dev0range

Gotcha. Just to check, I'd be removing some of the solder mask there and then soldering the ground wire and the negative side of the cap to the newly exposed area, sorta blobbing it over?
  7. dev0range

Also forgive the flux residue in the picture, I promise I'm cleaning as I go! :XD:
  8. dev0range

Welp, finished up soldering power to the display board, soldered the ground wire from the appropriate ground pad on RVL-PMS to C147 on the display board. Powered the G-Boy on because I was curious and all that happened was a very brief flicker of the backlight on the screen and nothing else...
  9. dev0range

PiR8_BTY's Build Thread

Absolutely love it, really cool idea, nice bit of polish, and helpful too lol.
  10. dev0range

PiR8_BTY's Build Thread

That GAMECUBE pocket label is S I C K
  11. dev0range

U10 Relocation Question

I asked this question earlier and Noah responded: No, it's not needed after the board is trimmed. Cutting the trace is only needed if you relocate U10 BEFORE trimming. Otherwise there is no need, hence the reason for it being absent from the manual. So, unless you'd like to test it before...
  12. dev0range

U10 Relo, Cut Trace?

Ahhhhhh good to know! Thanks for the clarification Noah!
  13. dev0range

U10 Relo, Cut Trace?

Awesome, I'll make sure and do it! Thanks for confirming
  14. dev0range

Portablizemii only loading Gamecube games, the two possible points of failure

Not sure if you've seen this post, but here's a troubleshooting guide for PortablizeMii. I was able to fix some stability issues I was having by just making sure I was using the right USB port :D.
  15. dev0range

U10 Relo, Cut Trace?

Hello again! So I trimmed my mobo and did the U10 relocation and removed the LDO. My question is though, it doesn't mention it explicitly in the Wii basic trimming guide for the G-Boy, but in the Definitive Wii Trimming guide (and the image that the Wii basic trimming guide refers to), it...
  16. dev0range

Go Ahead With Trim/PortablizeMii Install or Wait?

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up y'all, I'll install it and test it tonight.
  17. dev0range

Go Ahead With Trim/PortablizeMii Install or Wait?

So I have my Wii and checked the motherboard revision and was ready to start disassembly and trimming the mobo. I tested that the Wii was working and then checked out the trim guide, but in the Wii Software Preparation step, it says this after the LetterBomb section "We will be updating this...
  18. dev0range

Guide Electronics 101 Videos

Bless these posts, thank you Shank!
  19. dev0range

Can I use a 6 layer motherboard?

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing :D