BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to install this with my extra wii, but to no success. when I try it just keeps popping up with could not recognize fat, I use my USB drive for USBloadergx, so it is ntfs, do I need to format it to FAT32?

Portables
1 (Aran)
i booted into it with hb channel, it booted, but then it did not prompt me to install it, I went to priiloader, went to install file, and installed bbloader from there, and then I made it autoboot into installed file, it worked, but I am not sure what to do now. also how do you load games on a USB drive so it interfaces with bb loader?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
i booted into it with hb channel, it booted, but then it did not prompt me to install it, I went to priiloader, went to install file, and installed bbloader from there, and then I made it autoboot into installed file, it worked, but I am not sure what to do now. also how do you load games on a USB drive so it interfaces with bb loader?
You just copy/paste the games into the corresponding folders on the USB drive. This thread has the specifics https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/setting-up-wii-and-gamecube-games.3583/

I tried to load into a game but it said kernel couldn't be loaded/found/whetever idk

hello first of all say that aurelio is not human !!! it is incredible what he has created I am speechless for so much beauty bbloader 1.3 is a dream ufff !!! The second is to exit the system, there is no shutdown option? I always have to keep pressing the wii power button?And another question is when I exit the wii game, the screen remains black, it does not return to the bbloader, what am I doing wrong? Thanks and excellent work.

Last edited:
hi bit of a noob i just installed bbloader as an update to potabilizemii. i clicked yes no wifi and no to vga patch it did its thing then said exiting and froze so i powered off now says no signal on my tv when i boot it up if the usb drive is pluged in, if unplugged just goes to piiloader.. just trying to get it all ready and working for the trim.. any ideas?

I think I may have just found out the hard way that now I need to buy a gamecube controller to use my wii.

Am I doing something wrong or is there seriously no way to navigate the UI with a wiimote...?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
AFAIK you need a GC controller, yes. BBLoader was designed primarily for portables, so everything is built around that. You could maybe try with a nunchuck, but I have doubts

I dont Think Wii mote with a nunchuck works, i know the classic controller doesnt from when i tried if that helps

buzzyc

The nunchuk or classic wont work for navigation, but you can launch a GC or Wii game (wherever the BBloader home screen lands you) by press A on a Wiimote
This should at least allow you to confirm if BBloader loads, and if it can launch a game.

There is one last thing I'd like to know and perhaps I can ask this @Aurelio directly: will there ever be front-sd card slot support? Nowadays these sd-cards are so big that they can hold every game I'd like. I read that it was designed with portability in mind but having an sd-card in the front slot (without an usb hanging out of the back) would make it so much sleeker. I really hope this will become a reality one day! Thanks for the awesome bbloader :)

Noah

retired
Portables
There is one last thing I'd like to know and perhaps I can ask this @Aurelio directly: will there ever be front-sd card slot support? Nowadays these sd-cards are so big that they can hold every game I'd like. I read that it was designed with portability in mind but having an sd-card in the front slot (without an usb hanging out of the back) would make it so much sleeker. I really hope this will become a reality one day! Thanks for the awesome bbloader :)
I’m fairly certain the max size SD the Wii can use is 32GB. There are a number of low profile USB drives that won’t stick out a bunch on the back though!

Aurelio’s answer is likely to be that since this software is developed with portables in mind SD support won’t be coming.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I’m fairly certain the max size SD the Wii can use is 32GB. There are a number of low profile USB drives that won’t stick out a bunch on the back though!

Aurelio’s answer is likely to be that since this software is developed with portables in mind SD support won’t be coming.
Higher capacity SDXC cards work.

Although SD is slower than USB there is a benefit as it frees up USB bandwidth for Ethernet enabled games which eliminates lag.

Higher capacity SDXC cards work.

Although SD is slower than USB there is a benefit as it frees up USB bandwidth for Ethernet enabled games which eliminates lag.
That would be awesome for gamecube/wii games making use of the ethernet adapter. I play mario double dash alot so that'd be nice.

Oh nice! Learn something new every day haha.

Still, I’m not sure he’ll add support but if they work then I’d wait for him to chime in to be sure
Yeah I guess we will have to wait, I really hope he can make this work :D

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I honestly don't know. I don't have plans for it currently, but I might in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.