G-Wii Yellow *Pikmin Edition

G-Wii Yellow *Pikmin Edition!

1 (1).jpg

Introducing the G-Wii Yellow (Pikmin Edition)!

I am not an expert on any of this but after lurking on the forums forever; I finally decided to start a Wii portable project! I loved the G-Wii design and thought I would give it a shot!

Huge thank you to @Gman for making his design public and for @Wesk improving on the second revision of the case/design. Also a big thank you to @Wesk for designing the back side of the portable after our late night chats and G-Man being willing to print multiple copies of it until I liked it! They both did an awesome job and this portable would not be what it is without them!

Thank you to 4 Layer Technologies! @Shank @Gman (Gunnar) @Aurelio – You guys are seriously amazing. Hardware and software wizards!

Features:
  • Yellow & White dual color Pikmin 3D case print design (not AT ALL inspired by the Switch Lite… Nintendo copied me first)
  • Charge and Play
  • OMGWTF (Basic) trim
  • 5 inch display
  • 2 speakers and headphone jack
  • GameCube buttons (with custom PCB boards from @Ethan /Pickles (dual tact triggers) and white button caps on the bottom to match the aesthetic!
  • GC+2, PMS-PD2, RVL-NTC, RVL-PMS-2, U-Amp 2
Check out 4 Layer Technologies (this is where I got all the PCB boards for the build)!
https://4layertech.com/
- Side Note: Button PCB Boards were supplied to me by @Ethan /Pickles

Work-log:
https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/g-wii-yellow.4453/
(Internal photos here)

Credits:
@Gman – Thank you for being patient with me and printing and just being a great friend!
@Wesk – Such a humble and cool dude. Thank you for providing the CAD files for G-Man to print and being so willing to help out.
@Ethan /Pickles – Dude you are freaking fantastic. Thank you for the PCB button boards! Thank you for answering so many questions and letting me bug you! Also you are very encouraging and really helped me push to complete this.
@SparkleBear – Great motivator and friend! I really loved all the advice you gave me. From button sanding to small little ins and outs of this build… Legend!
@Cyframe - Really appreciate all the advice and friendship throughout this build. You gave me much needed insight for this build.
@Lurx – Thanks for the back and forth questions that I asked on audio and advice you provided to me from @Aurelio and others!

To all the above people^ I really have enjoyed talking and getting to know you guys with this passion/hobby and also getting to know you all personally. I look forward to future builds and I really feel encouraged by each and every one of you for all the help you have given me. God bless each of you!!!

And finally a thank you to the moderators and the whole BitBuilt community! It is really cool to be a part of this internet family. I continue to learn more and more everyday by being a part of it. Thanks everyone!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow Caleb! It’s a masterpiece! So amazing to help you along the process.. its been a true pleasure and so much fun getting to know you in the process too!
Great work man! Next is a red pikmin ashida!!! Lol

Portables
I was so excited when I first saw you working on this great job Caleb you really nailed it the artwork on the back is so clean and fresh no wonder Nintendo copied your design *wink*

I just created my account like one or two weeks ago, seeing all the wii portable and all the possibilities is really cool for motivation,

Really cool design btw