Question Gc2Wiimote with CC GameCube adapter

Hello everyone,
I use a regular Wii, not portable, and use GC2Wiimote to play Wii games (incompatible with GCC) with a controller without the need of charging a dead wiimote battery because didn't turn the Wii on for 2 years..

So I was wondering if I bought a Classic/Pro controller adapter for GameCube port like this one : https://www.raphnet-tech.com/support/mappings/classic_to_gcwii_v1_mapping.php
and set GC2Wiimote on CC use, will I be able to use the controller properly just like a CC ?
Because the adapter comes with a mapping system so I'm worried about Rvloader just consider ZL and ZR as "Z" in mapping settings.

I was also wondering about these 3rd party controllerw which seems to use a GC port so I don't know if RVloader will recognize all button (ZL, ZR) during mapping.

IMG_20230407_125917.jpg

Thanks you for reading me and hope you will have an answer.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sadly I'm pretty sure you can't get around the Z limitation as a normal Gamecube controller only has the one Z button. You can't send input signals that the system isn't programmed to accept, so you're going to lose out on one Z trigger and the minus button regardless of whether you use the adapter or the 3rd party controller. If you want to have access to the full range of inputs, you need to use a Wiimote with your CC. Otherwise you have the same input limitations as using GC2Wiimote

As I expected so... I would have liked to make my Wii a real "controller console" like PS2 or GameCube (like just plug the controller, no battery, no wireless).
I'm pretty sure @Aurelio (if he comes here) has better things to do but... Couldn't that be an interesting feature to add ? I know this forum is more for portable Wii but isn't that annoying for mapping CC control to only have the GameCube button number even for portable ?
I don't know how RVloader works but surely use the based GameCube official connection port of the Wii and if so the number of inputs could never be increased. As he doesn't plan to work on hid controller so...

Thanks you anyway ^^

Last edited: