Question Small edit for wii

Cinski

Hi all I would like to make a small change to my wii. I don't want to cut the card. I would like to add some things if I don't eventually have a tv to be able to use it.

-a screen with a switch to be able to change output with the main one

- some amplifiers to hear the audio with attached switch to exchange it with the original one for when it was attached to a TV.

More than anything else I would like to know where to weld them very simply to feed them.

Thanks in advance for the help.

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
To confirm I'm understanding what you're striving for:
- You don't want to trim the Wii Motherboard
- You want a screen and speakers that can be disabled for when you're actually connected to a TV
- It doesn't sound like you want batteries?

You could grab a small portable display that takes composite or component and has speakers, connect it either via the normal AV cable or wire it into the internal pins of the AV port with some means to disconnect them (IE switches).
If you want the screen powered from the Wii as well you could just get a screen that takes the Wii's input voltage and wire it up to the power port. My understanding is there's extra headroom on the power supplies in terms of current delivery (Not quite so certain how much on 6 layer boards).

You can find voltage and AV pinouts here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/