Will RVLoader run from the micro SD on a PMS PD 3?

I already posted about this in the welcome thread, but I doubt that will be seen by the people it's aimed at, so -

AFAIK, RVLoader doesn't work from an SD card, but the PMS PD 3 board only supports a micro SD card. It does mention that the SD card then shows up as a USB drive on your PC if you connect the USB-C cable, so I'm wondering if it's the same with the Wii. I'm assuming that, since it only has two data lines (+ and -), the data is sent to the Wii as a USB drive as well, and I just wanted to double check that 1) that's the case, and 2) that RVLoader will work when run that way. Otherwise, it would seem to make more sense just buying the PMS PD 2 instead.

Thank you!

PS: I tried searching for this question via keywords, but this site wouldn't show me results with "PMS" or "PD," so I apologize if this has been answered before.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
For a long while now the primary USB drives used in portables have been microSD to USB adapters, but compatibility between product ranges has been very hit or miss. The PD-3 was designed to cut out the middleman and handle the microSD to USB conversion directly with hardware known to have good compatibility.

So yes, RVLoader will run just fine

Yes, the pd3 has a built in sd>usb bridge and its connected to the wii via usb, so the wii sees it as usb storage.
Gotcha, thank you for the reply!

For a long while now the primary USB drives used in portables have been microSD to USB adapters, but compatibility between product ranges has been very hit or miss. The PD-3 was designed to cut out the middleman and handle the microSD to USB conversion directly with hardware known to have good compatibility.

So yes, RVLoader will run just fine
Thank you, because my next question was going to be whether or not RVLoader was known to run from it lmao. Much appreciated!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Gotcha, thank you for the reply!

Thank you, because my next question was going to be whether or not RVLoader was known to run from it lmao. Much appreciated!
4layertech products are designed by BitBuilt members for portablising. You can trust that anything sold on the site has been thoroughly tested and is known to work reliably